Dog used to peeing in crate

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
So for who knows what reason, Cajun's previous owner trained her to potty in her kennel. It sounds like she had a big one for her so that she had a potty area and a sleeping area. Fan-freaking-tastic.

Our crate is not THAT big, however she has peed in it a couple times. Any suggestions on how to break this habit would be great. I think peeing outside in general is kind of a foreign concept to her, so I don't know if her crate peeing will decrease if we go back to housetraining 101 and reward the heck out of her for peeing outside?

I'm also not sure if having an absorbent bed is encouraging it, but I feel horrible having nothing in her crate, so tonight she gets a towel as a sort of happy medium lol.

krissy

No help really but... what were they planning on doing when, you know, she got huge? I don't know of any crates large enough for a dobbie and a pee pad. Or were they just going to leave pee pads in the house? So odd.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
She's already huge at 60lbs lol! I have no idea who would find this practical when you have a large fenced yard to utilize!

Members online