Didgie the Sorta Kinda Maybe Dock Diver

So she doesn't have Zinga's natural love of retrieving and water. Tug is her thing. But she had her first real dock experience yesterday and was willing to jump off (kinda) so I'm gonna call it a win!

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/EJStRTx2NCk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

So, the way I get Didgie into retrieving is I throw the toy and I race her to it and try to get it before she does. If she gets it first she brings it to me (well, kinda) and we tug which is what she wants. So this means the first time I threw it off the dock I had to jump in and run to the toy. That's what inspired her to go "Wait a minute. That's MY TOY!" and jump off the dock.

We both went home wet.

She is so cute!! LOL and LOUD!
She was driving me insane. This was a public residential park. With a baseball field, tennis courts and a playground. Where she is not supposed to be off leash. There weren't really people there but her screaming was not helping us stay on the down low.

And that video was about the quietest she ever was there unless she had the toy in her face.

FG167

We have twins. The wailing, the I-will-get-the-toy-just-so-you-can't-have-it, the dropping it half way out of the water and the tug drive with minimal retrieve drive LOL If they retrieve, they get to tug - come on! haha

Didgie has obedience though and can hold a sit and a down. Angry Kelpie does NOT hold positions without barking or leaping! Does not! ;)

ETA: My perception of "loud" is soooo skewed now. I actually thought, "wow, she's pretty quiet" LOL Compared to 6 screaming, nipping, barking, spinning herding idiots...or even just one hahahaha

SaraB

The video is the most adorable thing I've ever seen. Her and Zuma are in the same spot with their dock diving! I figure a couple more trips and Zuma will be rocking it too.

JacksonsMom

LOL... "Shuuuttt up!" I say that to Jackson so much haha.

Didgie is freakin' adorable. I think she'll be a dock diving queen soon.

LOL... "Shuuuttt up!" I say that to Jackson so much haha.

Didgie is freakin' adorable. I think she'll be a dock diving queen soon.
Stupid loud dogs. She has SUCH a shrieky bark that it carries so far. Heads where turning to see who was dying.

We have twins. The wailing, the I-will-get-the-toy-just-so-you-can't-have-it, the dropping it half way out of the water and the tug drive with minimal retrieve drive LOL If they retrieve, they get to tug - come on! haha

Didgie has obedience though and can hold a sit and a down. Angry Kelpie does NOT hold positions without barking or leaping! Does not! ;)

ETA: My perception of "loud" is soooo skewed now. I actually thought, "wow, she's pretty quiet" LOL Compared to 6 screaming, nipping, barking, spinning herding idiots...or even just one hahahaha
Yeah, her retrieve is pretty pathetic. Typically we've been doing "If I get the tug before you then you don't get to tug" which works well for retrieving because if she drops it I take it and don't give it to her. But since I was trying to reward heavily for jumping off the dock our retrieving left really fast.

Oh don't worry, angry barking happens more times than not during stays but they're getting better! I was actually really impressed with her listening to so well.

And believe me, that wasn't loud for her. Just loud when I was trying to fly under the radar

Members online

No members online now.