I rescued a pit from his home....

tl_ashmore

Spoiled Rotten Dog
I don't know if I ever told you about this story or not. Last year at halloween, I was taking my nephew around the neighborhood trick or treating. We walked up this one house, and they had a sign on their door that said "puppies for sale". I was curious, so I asked what kind of puppies they had. They were pits and they wanted $200 for males, and I think $250 for the females. Well, we turned around to walk out of their yard, and go get some more candy, and there was a male pit on a chain. He was about six months old. Of course my nephew wanted to pet him, so we walked over. This dog was so poor you could see every bone in his body. He was tied up with a really heavy chain. So, I went back to the house, and asked if he was for sale. I couldn't leave that dog there. They told me if I wanted him, I could have him. So I took him!!! I carried that 6 month old pit bull about 3 blocks back to my house. I took him inside too feed him. He ate like he hadn't eaten in days. We called him Buddy. He was a very good dog. Loved kids, and loved being inside on the couch. A very good friend of mine took him home, (I wanted to keep him, but Dixie didn't like him) and he is the best dog. He is very big and muscular, and just a big teddy bear. He's happy and has a good home. I just love happy endings.....

Buddy is a lucky dog! Hopefully those people treat their other dogs better than they did Buddy! I can't help but wonder, though.

What's wrong with somebody, that they would treat a puppy like that?

Big applause to you TL Ashmore. I love happy endings too. I never understood why people use those HUGE chains on dogs. I mean is it suppossed to make them look tough? I feel so sorry for any dog chained up but especially puppies. I wonder the same thing Renee....What can possibly go through peoples minds when mistreating animals????? :mad:

joce

That was such a nice thing to do :) I've always wondered if people that do that are that clueless or if they know what they are doing. They are probally still breeding too. I think people like that should be held accountable for the dogs that stir things up like breed bans.

Barb04

Super Moderator
This was a happy ending! It brought tears to my eyes to know Buddy was rescued and now living the life he deserves.

bogolove

Oh that makes me so mad, but thank goodness for people like you to rescue him! I am so gald you were able to rescue him like that! You should have turned them in for animal abuse too, they deserve it.

Blondie

Thank you for being so compassionate! I'm sure Buddy would thank you if he could just speak! I also love happy endings!

tl_ashmore

Spoiled Rotten Dog
The people that I got Buddy from fight their dogs. I haven't seen it myself, so there's not really anything I can do. But, people that want to make their dogs mean, they chain them up and starve them for a few days. I didn't care about them, I just wanted to get Buddy out of there. There was no way I would have left him there. Even if they weren't just giving him away, I would have paid them money to let me take him. They were giving him away because he was not going to be a fighter. He didn't have it in him. I don't know that they have anymore dogs. I'm pretty sure they sold all the puppies. Hopefully, they don't have anymore in their back yard.

Members online

No members online now.