I think my dog is missing two teeth

EddieF

Winnie is 5 months old. Her baby teeth are out and I thought all of her big girl teeth were in, the canines were the last and I know they still have a ways to come down but they have already pushed out the baby canines.

Today I noticed she had four, not six, front bottom teeth. In addition, the two outer of the four she has are angled inward, and there is a bulge on each side where the missing teeth should be.

Are two more incisors (?) still coming? Is there something abnormal here? Anything to worry about?

Keep in mind, as long as she's healthy, I don't mind. She's not a show dog. But I don't want her to be in any pain if there are teeth in there that are trying to come out.

What do you think?

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
i think they look fine. I would wait until she i completely done. i think there are 6 between the canines on the bottom. AT least Virgo has 6 i just counted.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Going to have to correct what i do on my sculptures i thought it was hard to fit 5 in..ooopsie. Glad no one noticed. Usually the tongue covers up most of them anyway.

EddieF

Yeah six is correct, she has four and a gap for two more on the outside. I talked to the breeder who has kept two from this litter, she said the smaller of the two pups has exactly what I described, and the tip of one of the 'missing' ones is just starting to come through. So maybe it's just that these two are the last two to come out.

Members online

No members online now.