Dobie stud needed

I have a beautiful red dobie .She is 3yrs.I want very much to breed her .This Girl has it all iteligence obedience and love.
Thank you Julia:)

Saje

Island dweller
What kind of health testing has she had done and what has she excelled in?

joce

Go to a dog show and look for some experienced breeders. You don;t want to go with anyone who just responds over the internet. this is something you really need to research.

bubbatd

I agree with all the testings too. No good male owner would want to breed without a good back ground if they are worth their salt. Take your time and check out the shows and Dobe clubs in your area. Then do a lot of reading on breeding !!!!!

Dog namedKitty said:
I have a beautiful red dobie .She is 3yrs.I want very much to breed her .This Girl has it all iteligence obedience and love.
She needs to pass her health tests and is she a champion? talk to her breeder to help you find a stud that will off set her faults

bubbatd

Just don't go through the paper or on line. You may check with your vet too....he may know a client with a good Dobe. My vet passed on my studs as referals .

R

RedyreRottweilers

Dog namedKitty said:
How exactly do you know she has these things, Julia?

Breeding is serious business.

please read the stickies at the top of this section. Read them all.

motherofmany

Clicker Extremist
Dog namedKitty said:
Millions of dogs have "intelligence, obedience and love." I think you would agree that millions of dogs should not be bred!

Does your dog conform to the breed standard and does she have an outstanding trait that should be passed on? Is she titled? What is her OFA rating? Her CERF clearance? Is she VetGen clear, carrier or affected for vWD? How's her thyroid? Have you had a thyroid panel sent to MSU? What do you know about CVI? (“wobbler syndrome” ) or Craniomandibular osteopathy? Since she is a red, how about color mutant alopecia? Have you done a thorough check of her pedigree?

These are just some of the questions an ethical breeder would have answers to before breeding.

I never want to come across as a "dog snob" and I believe that the sport of purebred dogs needs more enthusiasts, but I have "BTDT" when it comes to breeding and I have strong feelings on the subject. If you are serious about wanting to breed, you need to get a mentor firstand spend a huge amount of time learning about the breed.

You will enjoy the time you spend learning about purebred dogs and your breed in particular :) Shows are really fun! Obedience trials, agility, flyball, all a blast!

Please, put in the time and effort to do your breed a service.

Who on earth can afford to raise a litter of Doberman pups these days!? Just the testing alone can break you---hip xrays and OFA certification, vWD testing, cardiomyopathy testing, the problems of CVI. Then there is the fact that raising 10-12 Doberman puppies is a daunting task. Especially if you do not have more people wanting puppies than you could possibly have puppies.

Then there is the little problem that if any puppies you sell develop any of the above mentioned ailments you can be sued and have to pay all medical bills because these are covered under just about all puppy lemon laws.

Unless your bitch is out of Champion parents, and has top bloodlines in her pedigree, get her spayed and just have her to love and enjoy.

JennSLK

F150 and a .30-06
I hope she is a champion because why would anyone breed a purebred litter that arent out of BOTH champion parents.

motherofmany said:
Millions of dogs have "intelligence, obedience and love." I think you would agree that millions of dogs should not be bred!

Does your dog conform to the breed standard and does she have an outstanding trait that should be passed on? Is she titled? What is her OFA rating? Her CERF clearance? Is she VetGen clear, carrier or affected for vWD? How's her thyroid? Have you had a thyroid panel sent to MSU? What do you know about CVI? (“wobbler syndrome” ) or Craniomandibular osteopathy? Since she is a red, how about color mutant alopecia? Have you done a thorough check of her pedigree?

These are just some of the questions an ethical breeder would have answers to before breeding.

I never want to come across as a "dog snob" and I believe that the sport of purebred dogs needs more enthusiasts, but I have "BTDT" when it comes to breeding and I have strong feelings on the subject. If you are serious about wanting to breed, you need to get a mentor firstand spend a huge amount of time learning about the breed.

You will enjoy the time you spend learning about purebred dogs and your breed in particular :) Shows are really fun! Obedience trials, agility, flyball, all a blast!

Please, put in the time and effort to do your breed a service.
Just wanted to mention that in point of fact red Dobes have the densest coats, many times with three roots growing out of one follicle.

The alopecia is mainly a problem with the dilute colors (blue/fawn).

motherofmany

Clicker Extremist
Canine color-dilution alopecia is also reported in the red Doberman Pinscher, as well as in the fawn Irish Setter and Doberman Pinscher. Affected animals develop the syndrome between 4 months and 6 years of age. Initially, the hair coat is dry and brittle. Hair shaft fragmentation and poor regrowth result in progressive alopecia that may become complete on the trunk. Seborrhea sicca, comedones, follicular cysts, and folliculitis may also develop.

motherofmany said:
Canine color-dilution alopecia is also reported in the red Doberman Pinscher, as well as in the fawn Irish Setter and Doberman Pinscher. Affected animals develop the syndrome between 4 months and 6 years of age. Initially, the hair coat is dry and brittle. Hair shaft fragmentation and poor regrowth result in progressive alopecia that may become complete on the trunk. Seborrhea sicca, comedones, follicular cysts, and folliculitis may also develop.
Interesting since red is not a dilute. Where is that quote from? Also, many Dobe pups of all color will develop what is commonly called "staph" at about the 6 month age. The occurrence among red Dobes is so slight as to be almost nonexistent. And in the hundreds of Dobes I have been around these many years, I can attest to their luxurious coats! Disgusting, actually, since I had blues also.....with very thin coats.

Members online

No members online now.