VFF Addiction

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
Ummmm.... I'm getting the feeling that I should probably be ashamed of this...

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
Aaaaah I hate you - you have Lontras!! >.<

If you're sick, I'm sick too: I have 2 pairs of Komodosports, Komodosport LS, KSO, and my old Treksports.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
Lol everyone has a fun stuff addiction.. feel no shame!

I recently tried out a pair of minimalist sneakers (the sole/bottom part were designed by VFF) not my style at all.. I like more structure in a running shoe but I certainly see the allure.It does feel like running barefoot..which for some reason disturbed rather than enthused me lol

I have more perfumes and chapsticks then is reasonable for one person.

How do you feel about the ones with laces? Zip ties?

Edit: OOOOOH, I didn't see you had Lontras, how do you feel about THOSE? Would they stand up to a real upper midwest winter?

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
How do you feel about the ones with laces? Zip ties?
I honestly only like the laces on the Speeds. I wish my Spyridons were the laceless version, I was SO grumpy when they released the velcro Spyridons les than a month after I bought my laced ones. :rolleyes:

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
I actually just got the Lontras today, and haven't even tried them on yet. I'm going to try them on after lunch.... I've heard horror stories that they're a bitch to get on. Kinda scared.

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
I would like to know how you find the Lontras - really eying them for schutzhund and hiking in the winter but the price tag has me a bit hesitant.

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
OKAY, Lontras are on! They weren't as hard to get on as I thought they would be, but still not as easy as others. I's say on a, ease-of-putting-on scale of 1 to 10, 1 being Classics and 10 being KSOs, these are about an 8.

They fit different than my other VFFs. Honestly, they feel more like shoes - less ground feel and you definitely can feel the sole. Whereas the other VFFs don't feel like there's anything between your toes... with Lontras, it does kind of feel like your toes are wrapped in gauze. However, they're still pretty comfortable. Only part that is less-than-comfortable is the X point on the strap, it rests on kind of a sensitive part of the top of my foot.... but I may just have them strapped on too tight.

They're definitely water resistant - I just sprayed them with the kitchen sink nozzle and my feet are still dry! On the downside, they don't breathe very well.... though that's probably good for holding in heat.

The neoprene cuff is apparently really tight on some people... not me. I guess I'm one of the lucky ones.

I don't foresee me hating Lontras, especially when it gets cold. Of course, today it's sunny and mid-fifties, so I have no use for them right now. :)

FG167

LOL that is quite the collection! I have a slightly toned version of your addiction ;)

I was torn about the Lontra's vs the Vivobarefoot hiking shoe I was looking at and I'm glad I went Vivo. I despise when I can constantly feel the shoes between my toes. And yes, they are hideous LOL

noludoru

Bored Now.
I am sure you can stop anytime you want...

...you can, right? :D
:rofl1:

LOL that is quite the collection! I have a slightly toned version of your addiction ;)

I was torn about the Lontra's vs the Vivobarefoot hiking shoe I was looking at and I'm glad I went Vivo. I despise when I can constantly feel the shoes between my toes. And yes, they are hideous LOL
I was seriously considering them. . . I want to get some later this month. I really think I will be more active with comfortable footwear. When I go barefoot it's great, but I live in the city now, and you get pointed and started at for it.

I tried on the Komodosports and love them, but will they work for the winter? The weather here bounces within 20 degrees of freezing most of the time. Should I be considering another type of shoe?

maxfox426

My dog tickles my soul
These are something that I have coveted for a long time, but haven't been able to convince myself to try. I have really... as in, REALLY crooked feet, and it just makes me sad to think that they might not work for me.

Also, your collection is awesome. LOL

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
I tried on the Komodosports and love them, but will they work for the winter? The weather here bounces within 20 degrees of freezing most of the time. Should I be considering another type of shoe?
You may want the Lontras for winter, but you could also consider just using a pair of Injinjis in the Komodosports for cooler days too:

http://www.injinji.com/toesock/index.html

spiffy

What an impressive collection! Nice things to get addicted to. I'm green with ENVY. :D

Members online

No members online now.