Cropped Ears?

LauraLeigh

I have never had a breed with cropped ears..... I am pretty sure Lucy's are, is this normal!!??

Ps sorry for the crappy pictures

A couple of her for reference...

Dekka

Just try me..
How big is she? She looks a little bit more manchester to me than min pin to be honest. And there are a few manchester breeders in Ontario, one that sells dogs in petstores as well.

MicksMom

Yep, cropped. According to the breed standard, Min Pin's ears can be cropped or uncropped. They wouldn't stand like that if they were uncropped.

LauraLeigh

How big is she? She looks a little bit more manchester to me than min pin to be honest. And there are a few manchester breeders in Ontario, one that sells dogs in petstores as well.
Way too small, and cropped tail, she is maybe 8 lbs..

We had a Manchester before, ironically he was mislabeled as a Min Pin at the pound... LOL

Dekka

Just try me..
I know some of the smaller (non standard, I think they come in two sizes) ones are pretty small. Just saying in those pics she looks body structure more like a manchester. Either way she is cute.

LauraLeigh

Another of her:

Random Manchester:

Random Min Pin:

She is far more, almost a carbon copy of the Min Pin

Best I could do for a body shot quickly

SarahHound

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
Yes, they're cropped - but they were not posted correctly, which is why they look all wonky. (Oddly enough, it doesn't look like too terrible of a crop for a Miniature Pinscher.)

LauraLeigh

I don't know how Mancheste'rs ears are in the US, I have only seen them looking like this here...
http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?q=MA...&start=0&ndsp=21&ved=0CIkBEK0DMBA&tx=62&ty=70

and Miniature Pinschers like this
http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?q=mi...2&tbnh=139&tbnw=176&ndsp=28&ved=0CAQQrQMwADgX

So you can see why she may have got mixed up, they are almost identical!
They do but I find their heads distinctly different, maybe it's because we had a Manchester before, but she has a straighter top line than Manchesters i have known, more petite head and of course the docked tail... I'd seriously put money on her being a Min Pin, ESP since that's what this lady was told orginally when she bought her, and only decided on the word of someone else who convinced her that she was a Manchester...

Grab

Looks like an oversized Min Pin. It actually looks like 99.9% of Miniature Pinschers we see at work, since I live in BYB land

lizzybeth727

Way too small, and cropped tail, she is maybe 8 lbs..
Yeah, manchesters aren't supposed to have docked tails.

My good friend has a standard manchester and a toy manchester (we've taken agility classes together with our dogs for years), and their head shape is distinctly different than the dog in the OP. The OP dog's head shape actually reminds me of Luna's, and I've always thought she resembles a min pin. :)

8 lbs IS within the breed standard for a toy manchester. 'Course I think it's also within the breed standard for a min pin.

MicksMom

Min Pins have kind of an apple shaped head, like Chihuahuas. Manchester Terriers' head have always reminded me of Bull Terriers without the "lump".

The ears are cropped, you can tell by the missing amount, anyone who knows dog anatomy can see the missing portion of ear (and living with both, makes it even easier to tell). And this dog is 100% Min Pin, looks nothing like a Manchester at all, except for being black/tan. Eye's are wrong, shape of head, size is wrong for a standard which the toy's are not allowed to have their ears cropped, and the tail being docked is the dead give away.

SarahHound

They do but I find their heads distinctly different, maybe it's because we had a Manchester before, but she has a straighter top line than Manchesters i have known, more petite head and of course the docked tail... I'd seriously put money on her being a Min Pin, ESP since that's what this lady was told orginally when she bought her, and only decided on the word of someone else who convinced her that she was a Manchester...
We don't have docked tails here though, so without that, they look very similar to the untrained eye!

Members online

No members online now.