Maddy is at the bridge

Dakotah

Kotah BEAR
Oh I am so sorry for your loss. I cry as I read that and type this.
It is NOT your fault. It was a terrible horrible accident, but it was just that an accident. I wish there was something more I could say or do to help you.
RIP sweet girl.

Moth

Mild and Slightly Nutty
I am heartbroken for you...

...I can only say what everybody has already expressed many times. This was not your fault!

(((Hugs)))

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
Oh my gosh. I am so, so sorry. :(

Everyone is right. It is an awful tragedy, but it is NOT your fault. She was doing what she loved, and you did right by her. I'm so glad we all were able to "meet" her and share in your joy of her. :)

Run free, beautiful girl. My heart aches for you all. ((HUGS))

Saeleofu

I'm so, so sorry. Chaz has had a terrible string of early deaths lately.

It's not your fault. You could keep dogs crated 99% of the time and only walked on leash on concrete so they'd never get hurt, but what kind of life is that? You were letting your dogs be dogs. She may have only had 2 years with you, but I'm sure they were 2 wonderful, happy years. (((HUGS)))

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
My heart breaks for you. I wish I could say anything that would ease your pain, a sudden tragic accident like that is just unimaginable. Run Free beautiful girl.

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
Omg I'm so sorry. She was def my favorite of your dogs. What a tragedy. Even though her life was short you definitely gave her an incredible one filled with so much love. I'm so very sorry for your loss.

Oh, Sarah! Everyone is right -- this was in no way your fault, it was an awful, tragic accident that happened. Maddy was doing what she was born to do -- running.

Try to hang onto the knowledge that it is the quality of life that is truly important, rather than the quantity and know that the bonds between us and our dogs are never severed, no matter the distance, no matter the plane of existence.

My heart is breaking for you, I can't even imagine. Just know that those 2 years that you had with her, many dogs never get to know that kind of love and have that quality of care that you give to your dogs. She was one of the most beautiful Greyhounds I've ever seen, so sleek and she sounded like such a great dog.

There is NO WAY that this is your fault, if you had any idea that was going to happen - you would have tried to prevent it. It was a freak accident, it had nothing to do with the care that you provided her.

)))))))))HUGS((((((((((

Emily

Rollin' with my bitches
Oh Sarah... My heart is just breaking for you.

This. Is. Not. Your. Fault.

You can't keep a greyhound from running. Even if you could, it's just not right. Two years of joy and freedom in the beautiful place you call home is more than most dogs will ever get. Maddy was blessed to have you - all your dogs are.

I know that I will miss her, so I can only imagine what you must be feeling. Please just hang in there as best you can.

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
I am SO sorry. It is definitely NOT your fault at all :( You can't keep a dog from running- this could've happened to anyone. You are such an awesome pet owner, and this was a freak accident.

Rest easy, Maddy.

((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))

Skivvies

I'm so sorry for your loss. As everyone said, it's not your fault. It's just a terrible accident that could have happened to anyone.

Gypsydals

I'm so so sorry. Let me say this multiple times.
This was NOT your fault.
This was NOT your fault.
This was NOT your fault.
You are not a terrible owner, you are a great owner!!!!

Accidents happen, and unfortunately as much as we would like we(as dog owners) can not put our dogs into bubbles. No matter what we do to prevent accidents, we can not prevent them all or see what accidents are going to happen.
She had a wonderful 2 years with you doing more with you than 90% of sighthounds get to do.

Members online

No members online now.