If you feel immune from BSL - List of 75 banned or restricted breeds

S

Squishy22

I understand having a difference of opinion. But kela (or whoever)....what is the point of coming on here? What are you trying to prove to us? That you can be a pissy little..um nevermind...but really, what are you trying to prove?
Nothing. She is arguing for the sake of arguing. ;)

I think the point that there are a lot of other people here with non-bulldog breeds who are arguing against BSL should say something. It's not just a Pit Bull owner's social toxin that makes us want to keep our dogs. It's something that all dog owners should be united on; that we want to keep our dogs without being manacled to ridiculous regulations.

ACooper

Sure is. Survival of the fittest. I'll be standing when your pit bulls are banned from city limits.
This garbage.......^

You should do it. See how far along he gets before they take him away and put him down.
And this garbage......^

Separate you from the average, ordinary "@ss" that has disagreements on this forum.

A temporary ban is a few days or weeks, not a year. If I was banned for "being an ass" (Which isn't a rule by the way) then several others were equally as deserving of the punishment. See posts talking about my sex life, my education, my age, etc. There are plenty for you to pick from.

Like I said, I won't respect any ban that was unfounded. I did forget to post the fourth way that I would accept a forum ban: Add it to the rules that you can't support BSL or that posts supporting BSL are not permitted. You've (the board mod team, not whoever I just quoted) clearly demonstrated that even as a moderator, cussing at and attacking someone is allowed. Since I've done nothing of the sort, there still is no justification for the ban on my account.

So feel free to go edit the rules and add in the real reason that you banned me: Posts supporting BSL are not allowed. Otherwise, get used to me being around. I suspect that you find this just as amusing as I do though :)
There are MANY members here who have disagreed with many different topics and they are still here to disagree again another day.

The difference between you and them is they don't have a straight forward hatred of any dog because of breed. They might disagree with how to care for, what to feed, whether to crate, prong collars, shock collars........you name a DOG issue and chances are we have had brawls over it here.

The statements you made above (and others) as Kela do NOT show a dog lover IMO, and that is what Chazhound is, a group of dog lovers. Why do you even WANT to be here? That is the real question...........if you only want to love poodles and chihuahuas, go join a poodle and chihuahua forum.

J

JankDog1

There are MANY members here who have disagreed with many different topics and they are still here to disagree again another day.
No not really. Remove the two or three BSL threads and you've got nothing but normal posts from me.

ACooper

No not really. Remove the two or three BSL threads and you've got nothing but normal posts from me.
Like the loose chihuahua that was killed by a loose pit? That wasn't a BSL thread until a few of you turned it into such. See, you disagreed in that thread and lived to get yourself banned another day........

And you still didn't answer the question of WHY do you even WANT to be here?

noodlerubyallie

Sprayin' the spiders
Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

What you are doing, Kela, is harassing people because they don't agree with you. That's called a bully. So grow up, because we aren't in high school anymore. If you don't like what the majority of us BELIEVE in, then go somewhere else. Your methods are obviously not working.

You may want to search for another ISP.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

What you are doing, Kela, is harassing people because they don't agree with you. That's called a bully. So grow up, because we aren't in high school anymore. If you don't like what the majority of us BELIEVE in, then go somewhere else. Your methods are obviously not working.

You may want to search for another ISP.
this might be one bully breed I am willing to accept a complete ban on :)

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I can't speak for the mods, but when you insinuate that someone's dog die that really crosses the line for me. I can think of a few people the majority don't agree with on almost anything, and guess what, they're still here to argue another day!

S

Squishy22

Guys, she is saying that she does not like pitties because they are DA, so they should have restrictions. But thats not all....

In another thread she posted a link to a website that claimed pit bulls and rottweilers were more likely to kill and maul a human and especially children. They go on to list a bunch of stats that are complete bull.

She thinks that pit bulls are a danger and should be banned, not only because they are DA, but because they are HA and will turn on a human.

She keeps on hiding behind... "They are DA so thats the reason I support BSL". That is NOT the only reason.

Just wanted to throw that in so you guys know whats behind her madness.

Guys, she is saying that she does not like pitties because they are DA, so they should have restrictions. But thats not all....

In another thread she posted a link to a website that claimed pit bulls and rottweilers were more likely to kill and maul a human and especially children. They go on to list a bunch of stats that are complete bull.

She thinks that pit bulls are a danger and should be banned, not only because they are DA, but because they are HA and will turn on a human.

She keeps on hiding behind... "They are DA so thats the reason I support BSL". That is NOT the only reason.

Just wanted to throw that in so you guys know whats behind her madness.
Thats a bunch of BS....I would trust a APBT with a baby more so than most other breeds (although NO children should be in the presence of a dog unsupervised). The worst dog bite I even had was from a standard poodle, but thats a whole 'nother story.....

Romy

Taxiderpy
Oddly enough, pit bulls and other bullies are the only group of dogs that have never snarked at Strider or bitten him. He's had bad experiences with labs, GSPs, GSDs, dachshunds, fox terriers, poodles, goldens, chihuahuas, ACDs...I could keep going and going listing all the dogs that have been reactive towards him on walks, but no, no bullies have ever done anything but play bow and wiggle.

The other odd thing about that is, he spends a lot of time with bullies. When he was a pup his three running buddies were all pits. And there are several bullies at the training facility that he just LOVES. I think he's got a crush on one of the staffys. :p

These dogs have proven themselves in my eyes. If they were inherently unstable there's no way they could be used as police dogs, service dogs, or search and rescue dogs. But they do those jobs, and do them well. They make fantastic loving companions. Some day we will definitely have a bully of some type. In the meantime we will fight for all of our bully friends and their families.

Honestly, I'm convinced most of the "pit bulls" that roam and attack people are not pits at all. If more than one person can mistake a borzoi calmly standing an arms length away from them for a pit bull mix, what that same person going to say when a random short haired square headed dog runs up and confronts them. "It was one of them thar pit bulls! Those dogs that are always in the news!" Seriously, HOW can someone confuse this:

With this?

But it happens. And to me it casts serious doubt on the correct breed id of biting dogs. What if a lab mix was the attacker, and ran off after messing someone up? Or a shar pei mix? Or a boxer mix? Honestly, there are so many breeds of dogs that start blending together and take on physical characteristics the general public associates with pits, so no wonder they're id'd that way. This whole pit bull attack epidemic is totally fabricated by the media and mass hysteria.

Sorry for the rant. Most of you know all this already, just had to get it off my chest.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
So then put it in the rules. They've obviously banned BSL supporters before, likely for the same reason.
No, but the thing you all seem to have in common is that you're all utter morons.

So you're attempting to hold this forum hostage? Sorry, but you don't rank as anywhere NEAR that important. As far as supposed "terrorists" go, we hold the same position as the United States does. We don't deal with them and we will find any means necessary with which to take you out. in fact, I think implied terrorism just got you on the watch list for Homeland Security. Great job!

Dear Lord, you really need to get a job and a hobby. And nice job telling me that I"m an illiterate bumpkin in my profile. Really. That was just an awesome touch of class. I knew something was missing, but I couldn't put my finger on it until you posted that. Suddenly, my life was complete.

:rolleyes:

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Oh, it was actually far less intelligent sounding on my profile, I just figured I'd smarten it up a bit for the thread, since the average IQ has been dropping with every asinine post of hers. :rofl1:

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I must reiterate how much I love that this forum doesn't put up with BSL crap. I'm on other forums where the same few people take every pit thread and turn it into a 'omg vicious dog' thread. I know it wouldn't fly here. I can dream all dog forums are like Chaz, right?

Last edited:
when you insinuate that someone's dog die that really crosses the line for me.
Absolutely! That's what really got to me as well ... which is why I posted (perhaps in the other thread regarding the same issue) that the problem is people who refuse to see another's point of view ... by perhaps putting themselves in that person's place.

How could anyone who has had a dog ... of any breed ... advocate that another person's dog should be put down just because of that dog's breed? I cannot believe that such a person has ever had a dog ... of any breed.

If perhaps they do have a dog ... then why can't they even imagine ... just for a second ... how they might feel if their own pet was confiscated and put down ... just for its breed, and not because of any problem whatsoever? How would they explain such a horrible injustice to their children ... or to themselves? This very thing has happened to families in Denver. No true dog lover could ever support this. To anyone who would support it ... all I can say is "How could you?"

I think the point that there are a lot of other people here with non-bulldog breeds who are arguing against BSL should say something.
Right on, Baha! I have said it before, but will say again: I do not own a bully breed ... I have never owned a bully breed and don't anticipate owning one. So what? I still vehemently disagree with BSL ... and any resulting policy that would take dogs away from responsible owners and have them put down just because of breed ... which again has happened in Denver as well as other places.

As one who has owned dogs all my life ... and lost some due to the dog's age and health .... I cannot imagine the pain of someone who loses a dog when the dog is young and healthy ... just because some in their community don't like that dog's breed. My heart goes out to those families.

Suzzie

Aging Canine Advocate
Right on, Baha! I have said it before, but will say again: I do not own a bully breed ... I have never owned a bully breed and don't anticipate owning one. So what? I still vehemently disagree with BSL ... and any resulting policy that would take dogs away from responsible owners and have them put down just because of breed ... which again has happened in Denver as well as other places.

As one who has owned dogs all my life ... and lost some due to the dog's age and health .... I cannot imagine the pain of someone who loses a dog when the dog is young and healthy ... just because some in their community don't like that dog's breed. My heart goes out to those families.

Ditto, ditto, ditto. Everything you said.

Members online

No members online now.