Fish oil

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Does anyone take fish oil? My doctor suggested it for me and so I picked some up probably about 6 months ago. I went to the health food store and got Carlson fish oil. It said they were lemon flavored. It's been fine... except for the burping. I get fish burps after taking them. It wasn't THAT bad until recently and now I can't stand it. Does anyone have a brand or method of taking fish oil that doesn't give you the awful burps.

The lady at the store swore by the liquid fish oil that was flavored. But I'm way too scared to try it.

Carlson is a quality fish oil. Some people just have a problem with burps. Some get past it with the actual oil and not caplsules or vice versa.

Nordic naturals are also a quality product. There are a couple others but usually cost a lot more and aren't any better. There are however a lot of inferior fish oils out there.

I know the burps suck, i get them onlu occasionally but i always tell myself its better than a heart attack :)

milos_mommy

My friends SWEAR by fish oil for everything from dry skin to fatigue to inability to focus to building muscle.

I tried it for a few weeks, but broke out horribly. I'm starting to think maybe it was the brand I used, though.

umterps97

Look for capsules that are labeled "enteric coated". They have a coating on them that will not allow them to dissolve until after they make it through your stomach, and that is supposed to eliminate the burps.

LindaJD

My friends SWEAR by fish oil for everything from dry skin to fatigue to inability to focus to building muscle.

I tried it for a few weeks, but broke out horribly. I'm starting to think maybe it was the brand I used, though.

I broke out bad when I took them too.

filarotten

Fila the love
I can't take any fish oil as they all contain soy. I use walnut oil instead. Same benefits without any fishy problems, no mercury, and it is wonderful for skin.

Moth

Mild and Slightly Nutty
My doctor said that taking the capsules frozen will prevent the burps...

I have not tried it though as I usually do not really have any trouble.

Jules

Magic, motherf@%$*#!
I am no help.... I take fermented cod liver oil capsules and they do give me burps... but they also give me great skin, so I am sucking it up... so far at least :)

But please share if you find some good ones that don't give burps!

Zoom

Twin 2.0
My chiropractor is having me take up to 10,000mg; I get the burps when I take that many but don't have an issue otherwise.

The flavored stuff isn't bad, doesn't take like fish-flavored stuff, just what the label says.

Brattina88

A friend told me to keep mine in the fridge... I tried it, and it worked for me :) Just a thought!

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Maybe I will try putting it in the fridge. It really wasn't too bad and I thought I'd get used to it but it's been so long and I'm still burping. It's done really good stuff for my hair and skin though.

The lady at the store recommended the brand and I'd done research and it got good reviews. It was the most reasonably priced of the better brands.

I am taking 2 a day. I generally take them together but maybe I should space them out or take them at night instead of after lunch?

ACooper

I take 2 a day, and yes, I space them out.........AND.........I never take them on an empty stomach. I always make sure to take them right after breakfast and right after dinner so they can 'go down' with my food.

I don't know if taking the fish oil with food helps the burps or not, but I've never had burp issues doing it that way. I learned when I was pregnant not to ever take ANY kind of vitamin/supplement on an empty stomach because they do not agree with me and the results are quite nasty!

I'd definitely try the fridge and spacing them out........perhaps 2 at once is just a bit much for your stomach to handle?

Members online