Stubborn Yorkie potty training

Veamon

Does anyone have any good tips for litter training a yorkie? I've had Jager (yes, after the drink :) ) for about 3 days, and not sure whether I should be using litter, puppy pads, etc...i bought some spray thats supposed to make them want to go there, but all it does is stink up my bathroom...help!!!!

Alyusha

I don't much think it is a breed thing, but dog's in general. Puppies like baby humens don't know where to go to the bathroom and what to do. You have to teach him that and show him that. If you wanted him to use the toliet in your bathroom, or just the backyard, it is all poissible. But it depends on your time.
I susgest using a crate. Since you say you got him 3 days ago i am guessing he isnt all to old, and is still a young puppy. My susgestion is since he will want to sleep alot anyways and then out of no where play. keep him in his crate and keep in mind puppies usally need to go to the bathroom 7-10 times a day. To be safe and prevent any accidents Try taking him out ever hour and a half. and then put him back in the crate. But dont leave him in there.
If you must use a puppy pad, I dont know anything about this really. I really susgest using a crate or your best judgment.

Members online