Pictures From Chili's Walk, Part I

noludoru

Bored Now.
Chil and I went on a walk Saturday afternoon. I think I'm going to start doing it regularly - we had way too much fun. She walks better on a flexi lead than Middie walks on a regular one. *sigh* And she follows me if I start going in another direction, so that's perfect - that was my main problem with her on a short lead.

I've always had trouble getting good pictures of her before - she wants to be PETTED, not have her pictures taken of course. And bad lighting + tortie = crappy pictures unless you are an awesome photographer, which I am not. Little did I know, taking her outside makes picture-taking easy.

So, on with the pics!

Chili says HI!

Close-up

Closer

Yummy birds in those trees, mom.. go catch one for me?

noludoru

Bored Now.
Chili looks away.. I love the sunlight hitting her whiskers..

Chili walking

And last.. a crappy one, but so sweet. Chili smelling the flowers. :)

I have more, but way too many for one thread or to edit and post tonight. More tomorrow.

corgi_love

Awww great pictures!! What a beautiful and squishable kitty!

She's actually a Torbie, not a Tortie. It's when a Tortie cat has tabby stripes:
Tortoiseshell Tabby = Torbie

:D

noludoru

Bored Now.
Nope, she's a tortie. Fiona, my foster kitty was a torbie. Half-orange cats (torties, torbies, calicos) always have stripes on the orange parts of them, although you may not be able to see it easily, depending upon where the orange bits are located and how obvious the striping is. Torbies are when the other color has stripes, too.

Thanks, both of you. :) Corgi she IS very squishable. I looooove it. She carries almost all her weight below her elbows, though, so she's got the best tummy ever for squishing. Nice and soft and furry with plenty of extra skin, lol!

ETA: Thanks, Dak.. just get him used to a harness at first and go from there. It's easier than teaching the dog, that's for sure.

jess2416

Who woulda thought
OMG she is adorable...

when I come and see you, make sure you check my luggage before I leave or you might have a missing Chili :p

noludoru

Bored Now.
I like the "crappy" pic best, lol!
I's one of my faves.. The other is of her staring off into the woods, and one with an ear half-pinned back. I wish the flower pic had come out better, but it's still great. It captures how giddy with flower-scent she was. She raced up to them and glued her face in for a few minutes.

OMG she is adorable...

when I come and see you, make sure you check my luggage before I leave or you might have a missing Chili :p
You suuuure you want her? She's a dog-killer. I have to keep them separated constantly. It's a pain.

ETA: Stop posting while I am, people! LMAO! Thanks, Zoomy. :D It's so much fun. Walks with her are relaxing. I have to keep my eye on things much more closely, but she's just a joy to walk with because I can sit down and rest whenever I like and wander without boring the crap out of her. Middie just wants to go go go gooooooooo.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
You're making me want to go get Groucho and teach him to walk on a leash.

There's a guy out here who takes his cat for off-leash walks. It's just hilarious to see him walking with this orange tabby just meandering behind him...

Great pics! My cats would never let me put them on a leash and walk them..I have tried lol. Chad used to follow me when I walked the dogs, and so I attempted to put him on a harness and walk him too, but he would have none of it.

Toller_08

Great pictures! She's very pretty. I love her name, too. If I could've changed Spring's name, she would've become a "Chili".

ACooper

VERY nice pictures nol! I've said it before, but you really do a nice job on them............and Chili is Hawt! LOL

You're making me want to go get Groucho and teach him to walk on a leash.

There's a guy out here who takes his cat for off-leash walks. It's just hilarious to see him walking with this orange tabby just meandering behind him...
Isn't that odd? Every cat I have ever seen "going on a walk" likes to walk BEHIND people while dogs love to be out front.

You think maybe the cat would rather YOU take the "bullet" and give them escape time or what? hahahaha

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
WOO HOO! I finally get to see these pics that you were talking about. She looks amazing... and I love the picture of her with her face squished up against the flowers.

xpaeanx

OMG! She's so cute! I'm in love!

She looks just like my Sephora(RIP)... I used to bring her on walks and such all the time. She used to sit in the passenger seat of my truck, dogs in the back, and we would go for roadtrips... she also would go with me down to slo's(it's like a hot dog stand, minus the hot dogs, add tacos and such). I miss her so much. :(

noludoru

Bored Now.
Great pictures! She's very pretty. I love her name, too. If I could've changed Spring's name, she would've become a "Chili".
LOL! We could have had matching Chilis. :D

VERY nice pictures nol! I've said it before, but you really do a nice job on them............and Chili is Hawt! LOL

Isn't that odd? Every cat I have ever seen "going on a walk" likes to walk BEHIND people while dogs love to be out front.

You think maybe the cat would rather YOU take the "bullet" and give them escape time or what? hahahaha
They tend to go slower than we do... humans tend to move at more of a steady pace, and cats like to meander and stop to sniff things. With Chil, we take turns. I mostly go where she wants to go, unless we can't go there, in which case I walk away and she follows me. But your theory may bbe right. *giggle*

OMG! She's so cute! I'm in love!

She looks just like my Sephora(RIP)... I used to bring her on walks and such all the time. She used to sit in the passenger seat of my truck, dogs in the back, and we would go for roadtrips... she also would go with me down to slo's(it's like a hot dog stand, minus the hot dogs, add tacos and such). I miss her so much. :(
Awww... I'm sorry about Sephora. Glad you liked the pics, though. :)

Members online

No members online now.