Going too far?

tinies12

My girl freind bought a Dob 4 years ago. The dog had Mange. I think she said it was demodex or something like that. It cost her tons of money to try and clear it, the dog suffered a lot too. I know she put well over 2500.00 in vet bills to lose the dog anyhow.

She went back to the breeder and was told oh well too bad. Not only was Nancy soaked for $2000.00 when buying the dog she lost another $2500.00 in vet bills. Then what about the heart ache! We all sat and watch Jaz suffer. I would not wish that on my worst enemy!:spam:

elegy

overdogged
Obviously this poor boy has a severe case of generalized demodex which is SO common in bulldogs. My heart breaks for him. I would not euthanize though, not yet anyway. The Heartguard IS expensive and this is why I don't understand why they don't just get regular Ivermec prescription from their vet. Much cheaper! I can tell by looking at the bullie's expression that he still has a lot of heart left in him. I met a lady at my vet clinic a few months ago that adopted a rescue bulldog under the same circumstances. She medicated the dog for well over a year and it just got to come off meds. That dog deserved that second chance and I believe this one does too.
that doesn't make sense to me either. you can buy ivermectin at the feed store for pity's sake.

i have a hard time with rescues/shelters who spend a ton of money on a single dog who is not really fixable. a dog who was hit by a car and needs surgery and rehab but in the end will be fixed? that's different, and, well, those cases can often be used to raise funds for the rescue that go above and beyond the costs of treating that specific dog.

but for a dog who has a chronic problem that's going to be an issue for its whole life? i have a hard time with that. there are dogs all over the place in need of rescue who are perfectly healthy and not going to bring an extra burden to a new home.

Members online

No members online now.