Problem With Correction

BigDog2191

Big German Shepherd
Well, you know how when people said that whenever he nips seperate him in a different room?

Well, I always put him in the same room but every time he's in there. I come to get him out and he's pooped.

I don't know why. The strategy kind of back fired.

ROFL! Revenge! Sometimes they can be a little TOO smart . . .

A thought: if this happens every time you send him to his room after he nips you, maybe he's trying to tell you he needs to go out with his nipping.

Try giving him his "Sit" command the next time he starts the nipping. When he sits, you can praise him for sitting, then ask him if he needs to go out, or go potty, or whatever you've been using as a verbal cue. That way you've stopped his little nipping session and he's gotten rewarded ONLY when he's been a good boy and done his sit. The nipping hasn't gotten him any real reward, but minding you has, taking any excuse to use nipping as an attention getting method and teaching him that coming to you and sitting down like a good boy will get your attention every time.

Debi

Hammie comes and nips me when he has to go out. Still so much like a little child, he waits until the last minute...so the nips are telling me "NOW!" IF I am busy and don't quite get it, he'll whack me with his paw...last resort if I'm being too thick, is he'll give me one of those whopper hits in the behind with his head. It all is because he has to go out...maybe that's what Rocky is trying to tell you. He never just goes to the door...he'd rather be more dramatic...lol

Members online

No members online now.