Volunteering at the animal shelter

I decided I am going to start volunteering at the animal shelter again (I haven't in 4 years, since moving back to Illinois). Reason being the manager is such a witch - she just has no compassion for the animals what so ever and looks at everything from a management stand point... but I decided I am going to do it to benefit the animals and maybe I can approach things in a way that will make her like me as well...although I have never been particularly good at that LOL, especially in situations like these...I'm a little nervous for myself. :eek:

GoingNowhere

Good luck! I'm sure you'll have a good time - even if just because you'll know that you're doing something good for the animals. It's possible that the manager is just burned out and has started to get apathetic because she continuously sees bad cases and has learned that she doesn't have the power to stop it herself. Even if that's not true, maybe if you try to think of her less empathetic rationale in a logical way, it'll help you develop a better relationship with her.

Again, best of luck and I'd love to see photos!

Members online

No members online now.