The Venting Thread

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
This is my favorite. Seriously, also "firemen are over paid", say that after your house catches fire.
Firemen are definitely NOT overpaid (I know that's not what you're saying at all either) and with the amount of BS they have to deal with I feel like they should all be getting double what they get now. My best friend is a firefighter, and I worry about him every time he's out on a call.

joce

I do not walk around saying that I hate the police. I hate the government, plain and simple (which the police are a part of...) and I don't expect anyone to agree with me whatsoever, but I'm not going to defend or explain myself either.

Hating someone because they have differing opinions? That's kind of what's wrong with the world today.
Err, I don't hate you. I think you have some paranoia going on and thats scary. You talked in another thread(think it was you,apologize if it wasn't) like the police where after you, searching your home for no reason. Now they are ignoring your calls for help for no reason:confused:

You can have your opinion. I sure as hell have mine:rofl1: But I am respectful about mine-Hate is a STRONG word. Maybe some Police do not deserve respect,but thats an individual thing. Not everyone is perfect. And what you put out there may one day come back to bite you. You may go for a job that looks up what you wrote online and they may not like what you wrote. That doesn't look good.

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
Firemen are definitely NOT overpaid (I know that's not what you're saying at all either) and with the amount of BS they have to deal with I feel like they should all be getting double what they get now. My best friend is a firefighter, and I worry about him every time he's out on a call.
Some firemen don't even get paid! They do it out of goodness of their heart. Heros right there.

joce

Those roads you were on, the government provided them and maintains them. Be true to your convictions, start living life on horseback.
:rofl1: But I do!!!!!

And here we(friends not me) are volunteer firefighters and my husband is a auxillary policeman!

We do this crap for free!

DJEtzel

Those roads you were on, the government provided them and maintains them. Be true to your convictions, start living life on horseback.
I would honestly love to. The only thing stopping us at this point from selling the house and our cars and living out of our alice packs is the fact that we wouldn't have anywhere to grow our food because everything is owned by someone, preventing us from doing that, and we would have nowhere to sleep where we wouldn't be arrested. And the dogs. I couldn't do that to the dogs. We talk about this dream on a daily basis. I want to support myself and take care of my self and be completely self-sufficient. It's hard in this country and you have to have money to get out.

I never said that anyone is overpaid, underpaid, or doesn't deserve respect. I have met some really awesome cops and some really crappy cops, I'm related to numerous people that are LEOs, Firefighters (volunteer and paid) and in the armed services. I have nothing against them. I just don't agree with the organizations and the way they operate, the things they do, and the things they let happen.

Saeleofu

I'm still timesick and I have a headahce and the angle of the sun is NOT helping :wall: :wall: It's getting better with the help of melatonin and 5HTP, but ****, I want to be over it already.

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
If you want to live off the land do it, you're cowarding yourself with excuses. Or, suck it up and admit, like the rest of us you enjoy civility and modern luxury. :)

Plenty do it, they still have homesteads, you can leave the country and hack it off the grid, you can buy some cheap land and cut yourself off, or you can hobo it.

We have friends who love their extremely off the grid lives, it just takes real passion and guts.

JessLough

Love My Mutt
If you want to live off the land do it, you're cowarding yourself with excuses. Or, suck it up and admit, like the rest of us you enjoy civility and modern luxury. :)

Plenty do it, they still have homesteads, you can leave the country and hack it off the grid, you can buy some cheap land and cut yourself off, or you can hobo it.

We have friends who love their extremely off the grid lives, it just takes real passion and guts.
Don't you go bringing logic into this.

Its a lot easier to sit there and complain.

DJEtzel

It is the buying it part that we do not want. We're really hoping to try something in the next few years, we just don't know what to do about the dogs. We don't want to own anything, be tied down, or have to pay anything to the government, so we don't want to buy land to live off of. We want to walk everywhere, sleep in woods and trap/kill wildlife to eat. And plant a garden, but we can't do any of that just anywhere. Buying a plot of land to live on and having to make money still to pay for things is just not what we're interested in. We will no doubt be able to do that before what we'd like, though. I absolutely do enjoy civility and modern luxury, but not at the price we pay for it or the organizations controlling it. If there were a way to do it more "freely" I would be all for it. I mean, people who do as you described and grow their own organic food are getting "raided" and harassed by the government as is. Preppers? Those too.

eta; We definitely don't just sit here and complain. We are constantly trying to educate people and collect more items to be able to leave and stay alive. Just goes back to that money thing. We don't want to spend it and support crooks.

DJEtzel

May I ask why you haven't left the country?

How do you feel about government protecting copyrights?
No money. We'd like to do that, too.

I don't really have an opinion about copyrights. I'm assuming you're asking because of the name of my business? I've been told it's a non-issue, though I don't understand much of why or why not.

joce

It is the buying it part that we do not want. We're really hoping to try something in the next few years, we just don't know what to do about the dogs. We don't want to own anything, be tied down, or have to pay anything to the government, so we don't want to buy land to live off of. We want to walk everywhere, sleep in woods and trap/kill wildlife to eat. And plant a garden, but we can't do any of that just anywhere. Buying a plot of land to live on and having to make money still to pay for things is just not what we're interested in. We will no doubt be able to do that before what we'd like, though. I absolutely do enjoy civility and modern luxury, but not at the price we pay for it or the organizations controlling it. If there were a way to do it more "freely" I would be all for it. I mean, people who do as you described and grow their own organic food are getting "raided" and harassed by the government as is. Preppers? Those too.

eta; We definitely don't just sit here and complain. We are constantly trying to educate people and collect more items to be able to leave and stay alive. Just goes back to that money thing. We don't want to spend it and support crooks.

Sounds like communes/cults they have around here. You don't buy in, you just work. They have them all over.

Crappy thing is forty acres here is more than our downpayment we have saved. But we could buy way more than that in other parts of the country. FML. I want cows and chickens and sheep. I want to live like I am off the grid but still be on it:p

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
Why is it a nonissue? Are the designs as well? Not to be that person and I have nothing against you but your "I HATE (insert blanket label here)" statement is leading and most of the designs you admittedly copy are copy written and protected by the government that you despise, could that be a reason you dislike them? Because you feel they're not beneficial to you?

Again, not my only reason for hating either body. I'm glad you are opinionated enough to laugh at the fact that I was almost killed today and then tell me my opinions are wrong, though.
But I neither I laughed at the fact that you were almost killed today nor told you your opinions are wrong. :confused:

DJEtzel

Why is it a nonissue? Are the designs as well? Not to be that person and I have nothing against you but you "I HATE insert blanket label here" statement is leading and most of the designs you admittedly copy are copy written and protected by the government that you despise, could that be a reason you dislike them?
What designs do I copy? I'm a little bit confused by that. A copywrite has nothing to do with my dislike for the government though. lol. The business is not my livlihood and I wouldn't knowingly copy something and expect it to be ok. I have never seen the show and only heard about it a few times through word of mouth, so when I named the business, I didn't do it knowingly half-naming it after a tv show.

Like I said, I don't understand WHY is wasn't an issue, but I believe it had something to do with the fact that it couldn't be used for clothing, television shows, games, stuff like that that it was used for, and had more to do with the trademark than the copywrite, and the fact that nothing about the business has anything to do with muppets or have any ties to the show.

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
No one laughed at the actions leading up to the vent. I laughed at the hypocrisy of hatred for someone who's there to protect and serve, even if they aren't always exactly what you're looking for. Like I said, you have LEO family yet you hate them? It seems downright cruel to blanket statement them. I don't fancy a lot of marines I've known but I can't imagine claiming they're all one thing or another nor assigning hatred for any man or woman who takes a uniform in service.

DJEtzel

No one laughed at the actions leading up to the vent. I laughed at the hypocrisy of hatred for someone who's there to protect and serve, even if they aren't always exactly what you're looking for. Like I said, you have LEO family yet you hate them? It seems downright cruel to blanket statement them. I don't fancy a lot of marines I've known but I can't imagine claiming they're all one thing or another nor assigning hatred for any man or woman who takes a uniform in service.
Like I said, yes I absolutely hate the organizations, I do not hate all of the people who do it, and do not hate my family for doing it.

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
:rofl1::rofl1:

I was eating strawberry ice cream for breakfast (....yeah) and I was like THERE'S NOT ENOUGH CHOCOLATE IN MY STRAWBERRY ICE CREAM!! :madgo: :cry:
This sounds delicious.

I'm so over the dogs at work. I am training a girl and exhausted and sound so jaded while she's sweet and pumped to learn.

I am pretty sure I can blame impending girl doom as well. It could additionally be why I'm stuck in the venting thread as well.

I want ice cream.

Members online

No members online now.