Four more days!!!

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
I'm going to go down to the rescue Wednesday evening with Dameon and pick out my new ferret!!

I cannot wait and am super excited. :banana:

*blackrose

I'm on pins and needles now and am even more excited!!!! :D :D :D Tomorrow evening I get to go see my old highschool basketball coach (love that man like another father) officiate a ball game of my brother's (against my highschool team's rival), and then Wednesday I get to get my ferret! This is a good week for me.

But, I am going to need name help. I'll probably switch its name, depending on what name is already has. I want something that sounds good when said with "Dameon". (Casey and Dameon had a nice ring to it, I thought...) I'd also like to keep tradition and give both a first and middle name. Casey was Cassandra Nukpana and Dameon is Dameon Michael. So, if anybody has some generic names for a male or female ferret, that'd be great! Might get my creative juices flowing.

*blackrose

I know, but I don't have pictures. :( They only have a few ferrets listed on their page and they just got in three more Saturday. A lot of the ferts they have are bonded pairs, and I can't adopt two so that will narrow down my selection.

But, here are two potentials. Both 2-3 year old girls. I really like the looks of the second girl. They said she likes to play and also gives kisses, which Casey did all the time.

And this boy: he's about 3-4 years old. Wandered through a dog door on St. Patrick's Day. LOL He looks a lot like Dameon.

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
Girl names:

Abby
Boots/Socks/Mittens (the two girls have white paws)
Angel
Bella
Daisy
Diamond
Bo (could work for a girl or boy)
Boo
Bunny
Carley
Charley (boy or girl), could be short for Charlotte
Dakotah (boy or girl)
Delilah
Denver (boy or girl)
Dixie
Dolly
Ellie
Ferry
Fertty
Lottie
Gidget
Hayley/Hailey/Haylee
Hannah
Holly <3
Jojo
Juno
Jynx
Kairi
Kiko
Kiwi
Lucy <3
Layla
Lennon
Lexi
Luna

Boy names:

Blaze
Bullet
Bosco
Captain
Shark (like carpet shark)
Chance
Colby
Cyrus
Derby
Disco
Dook/Dooker/Dooky/Dookster
Xander
Emery
Ferrell
Perry
Franklin
Furby
Gizmo
Herbie
Houdini
Jett
Kipper
Koda
Miko

All three of them are adorable, and I can't wait to see who you get!!!! :D

*blackrose

I'm about ready to leave!!! :D :D :D

I'm so excited. Hopefully traffic will go okay, or I'm going to go bonkers. We should be back around 9:00 or so, and I'll attempt to get a picture.

Question: should I house them both in the same cage tonight? I have a FN 142 and can seperate it into two cages if need be. Their cage is right by my bed, so if they squabble I'll hear right away.

JessLough

Love My Mutt
I'm about ready to leave!!! :D :D :D

I'm so excited. Hopefully traffic will go okay, or I'm going to go bonkers. We should be back around 9:00 or so, and I'll attempt to get a picture.

Question: should I house them both in the same cage tonight? I have a FN 142 and can seperate it into two cages if need be. Their cage is right by my bed, so if they squabble I'll hear right away.
Definitely house them seperately, until you get the new one into the vet. He/she most likely has ear mites, and you want to reduce risk of Dameon getting them! Also, less stressful on the ferret this way.

So, umm.. it is 9:30. Where are my pictures? :D

*blackrose

Okay - we didn't end up bringing a ferret home tonight. The lady running the rescue still wanted to do a homecheck, as it is part of the adoption agreement. BUT -

We did meet the ferrets and narrowed it down to two! And they will both be coming down with the rescue lady Saturday afternoon when they do the homecheck and we'll make our final decision then! :D

I know, I know TWO MORE DAYS! But then you'll really get lots of photos. ^_^

Dameon really didn't get into the ferret play. He got along with everybody, but the only one he played with was the other male, and that was because the male kept pouncing on him. LOL I think he was a bit overwhelmed.

I really like the male ferret, St. Patrick, and he is probably who I will end up getting. He's around Dameon's age, is quite the character, and poopied in the litterbox when they were all out playing instead of just going in the middle of the floor like two of the females did (and since I let them free range, good litterbox habits are a must). He's just a tad bit bigger than Dameon. He doesn't look like much, but I really liked him.

The other one that is coming down Saturday is Ferris, I do believe. She is a teenie little girl, her coat is GORGEOUS, and she's really sweet and funny. I liked the other girl as well, Minnie (or it might have been Ferris...I was getting the two confused LOL), but she was the one doing the pooping in the middle of the floor and I just can't have that. Minnie (or maybe Ferris ROFL) was also the most spastic of the group and while she was super intertaining, I think she would have been a bit lost without other hyper ferret playmates (which Dameon definitally isn't). I think I liked the male better, but she was just so cute and she had a great temperment as well. My younger sister really liked the girl, and my youngest sister liked the male.

So when they come down Saturday I'm going to give them both a test run and see which one I'll be keeping. It is just so hard to pick! Although now that I am away from the female's absolute cuteness, I really am leaning towards the male....GAH! They were both just great little ferts! And it doesn't help that I kept getting to the two little girls confused, so I'd like something about one of them and then not remember which one did what later.

I can choose between:
big ol' male, dark sable, iffy coat condition
would be great in a secure room as he scales playpens
older (4 years), and while still playful has a good off switch
unknown with dogs/cats
very friendly, doesn't mind handling
was the only ferret Dameon played with

OR

petite, dark sabled, fluffy coated female
unknown litterbox habits outside of cage
rescue thinks she's good with cats, unknown with dogs
very playful, but not a pest - didn't play with Dameon
doesn't mind handling, but being a female was a bit squirmy
freaking CUTE
around two years old

Tis hopeless, I say...and no, I can't get them both!

Last edited:

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
YIKES! Not sure who I'd pick! Probably the male, but it would be (and I'm sure it is) a hard choice! I was SO ready to see pictures! Can't wait till friday! If you like the Twilight saga at all you should name him/her after one of the characters because Friday night at midnight (technically Saturday morning) Eclipse comes out on dvd! Ahhhhhhhh!

Members online

No members online now.