Need help choosing breed!

HayleyMarie

Like a bat outa' hell
And these are exactly the people that will lead you down the wrong path and recommend Pit Pull's when someone says they are planning on having a baby and want a dog. (despite that girl getting killed last month). These people will recommend herding breeds for people living in apartments (other forum.. not this one).
Mike we have been through this in another forum. Pitts are not human agressive. Any dog can harm a baby. A baby should never be allowed unsupervised with any dog. Even with a little Shimaltzepompoodle whatsamacallit! Small little dogs have harmed small babies before too.

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
How about a Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier?

They weigh 30-40lbs and from the ones i've met seem to be a less hyper terrier. They are non-shedding so will need grooming. They are not a "one person dog" and thrive with human interaction and a very good in a family setting (of course you'll still need to set up rules and train the dog to be what you want) and tend to be very patient with children.

HayleyMarie

Like a bat outa' hell

Dekka

Just try me..
A pom and a JRT have killed children...

Crush.. are you on crack? just wondering as that would explain much. You do realize many dogs who attack people are not actually the breed they are reported to be. Do you remember a girl who was killed by a 'pitbull' in the stoufville area 10 years ago? I lived there back then. The dog was a registered mastiff. (girl should never have been left alone with dog, turns out she had stuck a pencil up the dogs nose.. all they way!)

Poodles have killed people... so OMG your puppy is going to grow up to eat babies!! Get over it.

Lizmo

Water Junkie
Of course you skip the downside to owning this dog.
And what would that be? Have YOU owned a GR before?

Quite frankly, I'm so fed up with you posting lies about many, many breeds. Have you owned one? Have you taken the time to research the breeds you claim to know alot about? How do you know Border Collies don't make good apartment dwellers? How do you know *anything* about Border Collies? Have you talked with many trainers and breeders about Border Collies? Have you owned a Border Collie? Have you worked with Border Collies before?

There is always a downside to owning a dog, PERIOD.

Please, quite spreading FALSE information about breeds you know nothing about.

HayleyMarie

Like a bat outa' hell
How about an airdale terrier.. Do you got a problem with that too Mike?
They are beautiful dogs. About mediums size wise. They can weight up to about55- 66 pounds and stand about 23-33 inches hight. They are very outgoing and happy dogs. Very Fiesty and love to play. They also do not shed. They are very smart, but as we all know terriers are strong minded and willed so lots of training is a must! They also have crazy amounts of humour!

Cheetah

Fluffy Corgi Addict
And what would that be? Have YOU owned a GR before?

Quite frankly, I'm so fed up with you posting lies about many, many breeds. Have you owned one? Have you taken the time to research the breeds you claim to know alot about? How do you know Border Collies don't make good apartment dwellers? How do you know *anything* about Border Collies? Have you talked with many trainers and breeders about Border Collies? Have you owned a Border Collie? Have you worked with Border Collies before?

There is always a downside to owning a dog, PERIOD.

Please, quite spreading FALSE information about breeds you know nothing about.
:hail:

Upendi&Mina

Mainstreme Elitist
YouTube - Boy dies after Pit Bull attack

Local news.

Go keep recommending them for mainstream families about to have babies.
You can quit with the pits are baby killers thing any time. All dogs can attack and kill. APBTs are actually BRED to be friendly towards people and are very tolerant dogs when it comes to children. They rank above either labs or goldens in testing done by the TEMPERAMENT TESTING SOCIETY.

Aaanyways, Hayley you beat me to the story about the lab puppy.

Crush can you please answer a question for me? You haven't answered any of the other ones I've asked so I'm gonna ask you to please answer this one

What makes you an expert on what the "mainstream" other wise known as the average pet owner wants in a dog, is looking for in a dog, how much work they will put into their dog ect?

I work at a pharmacy. I get people of all walks of life in there and since I love dogs they come up in the conversations a lot. These are people that DON'T do dog sports, don't go on forums or really research the dogs. They are your normal everyday dog owner. What makes them normal though is not that they aren't dog fanatics it's that they are all different, have different wants, needs and desires for a dog. They aren't all the same nor should they be and yet they are still fall into the category of the average joe dog owner

I get boxer, dachshunds, beagle, pit bull, bichon, lab, golden, poodle, terrier, aussie, corgi etc. owners. Some gotten through rescues and shelters, some from petstores, some from BYB and some from great breeders. NONE of them are the same and none of them are anything but "Mainstream" dog owners. And they are HAPPY with their dog.

Why do you think that every person that isn't a "dog enthusiast" only wants what you want. The thing about the majority of people is they are all unique with different situations and wants.

elegy

overdogged
And these are exactly the people that will lead you down the wrong path and recommend Pit Pull's when someone says they are planning on having a baby and want a dog. (despite that girl getting killed last month).
lol yes, those people who are actually educated and experienced, the ones who have spent hours upon hours working with all different types of breeds and owners... it just figures they'd be the ones to recommend vicious baby-eating pit bulls. that couldn't possibly be because they're educated beyond whatever drama the "if it bleeds it leads" fearmongering media wants the "mainstream" public to think.

HayleyMarie

Like a bat outa' hell
lol yes, those people who are actually educated and experienced, the ones who have spent hours upon hours working with all different types of breeds and owners... It just figures they'd be the ones to recommend vicious baby-eating pit bulls. That couldn't possibly be because they're educated beyond whatever drama the "if it bleeds it leads" fearmongering media wants the "mainstream" public to think.
clap!!! I like this. BEST THING EVER!!!^^^^

Last edited:
S

Squishy22

:hail:

CRUSH, what do you have to say about this? LOOK and READ... a POODLE attacked a child! Now i guess all poodles are child killers, right? Just because your dog is cute and fluffy, doesnt mean it wont bite or even attack given the right circumstances.

S

Squishy22

And these are exactly the people that will lead you down the wrong path and recommend Pit Pull's when someone says they are planning on having a baby and want a dog. (despite that girl getting killed last month). These people will recommend herding breeds for people living in apartments (other forum.. not this one).

That is the major problem in the dog world. The majority of people are mainstream, but the internet has been taken over by vocal extremists.

If you want a safe bet for a mainstream family, choose one of my recommended breeds.

If you want to possibly be led down the wrong path, then by all means take a chance and get your Beagle and then see what happens. Go get your Husky and see what happens. Go get your St. Bernard and see how you like it.

Then when the dog is back at rescue, you'll say 'gee I should have listened to him' and the enthusiests will keep recommending Pit Bulls with baby's in the house etc and St. Bernards that don't drool and that are active to mainstream dog owners and even TEENAGERS lol..

But anyhow, the choice is the origional posters.
I am the type of person who would recommend a pit bull for a family who has children, even small children. WHY may you ask? Because I have first hand real life experience with owning one when I was pregnant and gave birth to a beautiful baby girl. Did my pit bull eat my baby or even growl at her the slightest bit? NO. In fact, he was very much protective over her. Here I had a 64 pound pit bull, made of muscle as hard as rock, and he was the most gentle and docile with my baby girl. Pit bulls have very high pain tolerances and my toddler would pull his ears, climbed on him, and she even poked his eye once... he actually enjoyed the attention he got from her. They would curl up together on the floor and take a nap. How dare you.

A lot of your posts are pretty darn ignorant, but I have no problem letting them go right over my head, but I had to speak out after reading this post of yours in particular.

Dekka

Just try me..
Ya where are the answers to pretty much any question posed do you..

In the mean time enjoy some 'non appropriate dog' and his human pics..

and child training a crazy dog

just goes to show many different people have different dog needs.....

corgipower

Tweleve Enthusiest
Sport is looking way too clean, and i find those first two pics extremely offensive with all that icky white stuff. (Uber cute otherwise though.)

Dekka

Just try me..
lol

And here is my JRT Dekka in a sit stay on a highly distracting street (I am sure Crush, and others in the GTA will recognize this location)

Members online