• canon

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • fuji

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • nikon

Votes: 5 50.0%

• Total voters

Juicy

My sister insists she gets me a Nikon Point & Shoot (not sure which one, how many MP if 8.0 or 10.0) from Brandsmart, but I can't help NOT to pass these offers!! I hope she just gives me the money & I can get one of these!

I'm not sure which one though! The Canon brand is better I believe & the camera looks better, but I don't know nothing about zoom lens and whatnot! So which one will be a better offer. Even though the Canon is selling for more, it would be smart to get that one, but I just want expert opinion on this sort of stuff.

Fujifilm s700 Camera

Canon EOS Rebel XS 35-80mm Camera w/ case

Last edited:

Juicy

Ick just called the person about the canon, its not digital...its regular film. So the canon is out. I want to be able to transfer the pictures on the computer.

First off, Canon isn't really a "better" brand. Both Canon & Nikon are excellent.

I would recommend you don't worry about mega-pixels as anything you buy right now will give you great image quality for both 4x6's and 8x12's. Concentrate more on which camera you can use with the most ease. Go out and try a the two you're looking at and see what you like using best. That will be the one you use more often and will make the most sense.

Cheers.

Juicy

First off, Canon isn't really a "better" brand. Both Canon & Nikon are excellent.

I would recommend you don't worry about mega-pixels as anything you buy right now will give you great image quality for both 4x6's and 8x12's. Concentrate more on which camera you can use with the most ease. Go out and try a the two you're looking at and see what you like using best. That will be the one you use more often and will make the most sense.

Cheers.
Thank you for your input!

Lizmo

Water Junkie
What Nikon are you looking at?

IME, my mother has a Nikon CoolPix P&S (can't remember which one right now, but it's got like a 3X zoom with only 6-8MP). I personally don't think it takes that great of pictures. It's extremely difficult to handle (i.e. it doesn't always take pictures when you push the botton - meaning it takes WAY to long to "think" about it.

Before I got my Digital SLR, and even BEFORE I got my Olympus (fancy, high tech. P&S) I had a Canon PowerShot. I love that camera. It's the best P&S camera, takes fast pictures, and is a great price! I searched and it was about $150.

Here are a few sample pics. . .

Outside picture with CANON:

Outside picture with NIKON:

Flash picture with CANON:

Flash picture with NIKON:

So, I guess IME, I like Nikon SLR and Canon Point&Shoots.

zoe08

I have to agree with Lizmo on the Nikon P&S. I got a Nikon Coolpix from my husband last year for Christmas. I shoot Nikon with my DSLR and SLR film, so he got me the Nikon P&S.

I would personally go with a Canon or Sony P&S camera. My husband has had Sony P&S camera and they take better pictures than my Coolpix. I haven't ever used a Canon P&S, but have seen other's pictures and they look better than what I have gotten from my Coolpix camera too.

I don't really know anything about Fuji cameras.

Members online

No members online now.