breed of puppy

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
well we're going to keep him. I made it perfectly clear that he will be my husband's dog when my husband is home though. My husband will be doing the obedience training and everything for him. Hopefully I can get extra hours in at work for awhile to get some extra money saved up, I don't know though I'll have to see when I call there tomorrow. I'm glad to be doing most of my work at home so I'll be able to spend lots of time home with all the dogs. This little puppy just exhausts me, none of our other dogs were this bad at all. He HATES his crate and barks constantly. If he can't see one of us he goes into hysterical barking fits and won't be quiet. Even with the other dogs he's still like that. Poor Shelby is trying to comfort him and just has this "what do I do?" look on her face.

S

stirder

its always possible that one or both parents were mixes. one could have been a husky rott mix, other a husky collie mix? hard to say though.

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
well the mother I posted already and she didn't look like either a husky or collie. I don't know, he's just a good old fashioned mutt.

skyhigh

Way to go Julie!! You have to add him into your sig. Four dogs. wow, i have one, nearly two. We're getting a pup soon. Keep us posted about him :) Hope all goes well

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
oh he is really testing me. I think out of all of our dogs he is the worst at barking, biting, chewing, and jumping. He sometimes seems like he's deaf and can't hear a thing but I know he can hear but sometimes if you talk to him he'll look at you and cock his head back and forth. So I know he can hear, sometimes he just doesn't want to.

M

Manchesters

It Is A Mutt

Pure and simple. He will be whatever he grows up to be. 9 pounds at 9 weeks is not a big puppy. A Doberman puppy would be weighing about 18 pounds at 9 weeks, 20 pounds at about 12 weeks. It mainly depends on the bone structure of the puppy.

It is almost a guarantee that there is Lab in every and any mix running around. It is not what lies behind, but what the future holds that will determine what this pup becomes.

Oh, and by the way.........the Manchester is held to be the original black and tan breed that went into establishing all the other black and tan coloring in various breeds. The Manchester goes back to 1570 or earlier.

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
well I know he will grow up to be whatever he grows up to be. The puppy has fairly large paws and even our vet said he is going to be a fairly nice sized pup (50+ lbs atleast). I am going by my own experience with my two puppies and what my vet says. I trust my vet and if he says it's going to be a nice sized pup then I will tend to believe him. I wasn't asking if he looked like he was part Manchester, I was asking if he looked like a rottweiler.

Y

yuckaduck

Not a dog trainer here but we had major problems with Yukon barking at first and the peanut butter filled kong helped, also we invested in a muzzle for when we were able to supervise him. Of course I would never leave him unsupervised with a muzzle on. Biting also a hugh problem espically with the girls. NO LEAVE IT and the second he stops reward him, if he continually prosists try grabbing the scruff of his neck and giving a gentle shake [don't break his neck be gentle] and push him away saying NO in a growl. Yukon learned right away to stop biting. For jumping up we taught sit and down and we stepped on the leash and kept him short enough that he could not jump up. He use to bonk us in the nose man that hurt. Now he is good but sometimes when he is excited he still jumps and we remind him that sit mean sit and no jumping. This worked with Yukon it may or may not work for you but it is the only thing that we did. Maybe someone else would have better advice. Anytime you need someone to chat with I'm here about anything. Even if I can only listen. You are doing a good thing and I hope it works out for you. Good Luck.

Ash47

Taco Dog
All I can say is Good Luck! I feel your "pain" right now, because we are in the process of training our new kitten. <See siggy>I know some people say that it isn't as hard to train a cat, but migod, it is very hard! I know, we won't train her to sit or roll over. But training not to scratch the couch up, climb the curtains, bite, eat off the floor, scratch, etc. She meows alllllll through the night and keeps us up. We are also crate training her, which I now wish we would have done with Oreo. It is more of just a convenience thing with a cat, so that if you ever need to pack them up for a trip or something, they won't go nuts while in the crate.
Anyway Julie,
Good luck, right now is the hardest time, aside from when you have to make the decision to say goodbye.

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
The thing we want to try to do is get him to be quiet in his crate. I give him a rawhide chew (which I know isn't too good for him) and it will work for like five minutes. He doesn't like toys really, unless their my daughter's toys. He's usually pretty good about jumping and stuff unless he's with the other dogs than it's hard to get anyone to stop jumping.

Barb04

Super Moderator
Congrats on the new member of the family! I just hope you're able to get some rest. I know what it's like with 3 dogs and can just imagine what your house must be like.

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
our house right now is a nightmare! We were finally settling into a routine with the dogs and then he came so now we are all mixed up with the routine. Although I just finally gave everyone a bath today so atleast the house smells better fora minute (we're doing a doggy bath and complete house cleaning today). My parents are coming to visit tomorrow and so we want the house to be good smelling and clean so they don't flip out TOO much.

Members online

No members online now.