Doberluv,Sizzledog, Dr2, Dob lovers?

otch1

Thank you, thankyou, thankyou. Good timing too. We worked in a packed room last night, a lot of pro handlers and breeder/owners out with multiple dogs to work before upcoming show here. People were coming in with crates stacked on wheels, three deep for the toys. He was so excited about all of the dogs he head butted me under chin when I went to place front paws for the first stack. Saw stars. He was taking bait a little too ferociously and then spun a circle while we were standing talking to a friend and he almost took me out at the knee. I'd really lost my patience by 9pm. me... because he's a cute boy and it's fun and he really will outgrow this phase. He really will... I just hope I survive it.

otch1

Pushed the wrong key on that last post, tired! Lol Meant to say, "I was asking myself, why are we doing this again, then this picture reminded me... " so thankyou toscas mom!!

Doberluv

Otch! I thought that very thing when Lyric was a pup. "Will I ever survive this?" You don't know how many times it took for me to learn to never put my head above his when he was in a playful mood.....how many times of getting my $2,000 nose smashed by that big bone on top of his head. Finally, after chastising myself for being "slow on the uptake," I learned to watch out for a Doberman on the rampage. I should have known better. I know that little rule when working around horses....don't put your head over theirs. But oh no....never thought of a Doberpup as a horse. Well, I do now. LOL. Yes, there are the knees to be taken out, especially on those great recalls and the arm to be grabbed in a vice-like grip in play. These Doberman puppies are down right dangerous and you wonder if they'll ever pass certification as "civilized." LOL.

otch1

Absolutely, and I have a lot more of this to go thru! I have to put my head over his every time I set the front and he gets this look in his eye. Almost like he's smiling. "Here she comes again, didn't she learn her lesson last time. Time for a love bash."

Doberluv

LOL. Yes, they are "sadistic" when they play. My breeder told me that. "They're extremely playful, but in a sadistic way." Boy, it's a toss up if that is anthropomorphizing or not. LOL.

Members online

No members online now.