Grady!

Purr

~3 Mutts~
OMG...my 6 year old male silver tabby can't stand my two pups. They tease him, bark at him, and basically bug him. Well, today, he'd had ENOUGH. He jumped at the dogs, claws out, and hissing, and started chasing the dogs down the hallway :eek: . I couldn't believe it...here's a cat that is a afraid of EVERYTHING, and he was chasing the dogs down the hallway and scaring them...LOL That's Grady for ya.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Go GRady!! Sounds like he had hit the end of his rope in patience. They will think twice before bothering him again.

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
Lol!! Well done Grady!! Katelins our cat is definatley the boss round here! ;) Even though she's tiny! Small in size huge in stature!!! Lol! :D

Purr

~3 Mutts~
LOL Gustav! I've got a little tortie kitten called Abby, and man is she bossy! And, to think she only ways four pounds LOL.

Doberluv

It's amazing how some cats will hold their own. I'm glad your pups aren't bothering the cat anymore.

I had a big tabby who would stand guard over his barn. He hung out in the hay stack near the horses and he wouldn't allow my son's friend's dogs in the barn. He'd stand goalie in front of the big doorway and hiss and chase those dogs away. There was a blue heeler and some bigger dog that would try to come in, but changed their tune really soon. LOL.

My old white cat, Catfish, used to go ballistic on my yella fella Yogi when I had them. Yogi thought of him as the "Demon Cat from Hell" because he would always be discipling Yogi. Even when Yogi wasn't really in trouble and I'd say "No" or "Don't do that" or something, in comes running Catfish to pummel Yogi's face with his little declawed boxing paws and scream in his face. It was hilarious!

Rush (our Tabby cat) knows how to hold his own around dogs when they are in his house. lol My grandma's Schnauzer HATES cats, but she is terrified of Rush. She was barking at him one time, and he scratched her on the nose. lol Now Molly knows that that kitty is not to be messed with.

Purr

~3 Mutts~
Bwa ha ha...Cats are funny critters, eh? They never fail to make me laugh. I was laughing hysterically as Grady was yowling at the dogs, and chasing them...LOL Only, he wasn't just running; he was lurching down the hallway in spurts...Goofy cat.

Yep, even though I love dogs, I will always want a cat. They make you laugh, and I love their attitude of, "I'm lord of this house, you are my servents, and anyone who doesn't care for that gets booted out the door." lol :D So, mainly, I like their ego. lol

Rose's Gal said:
Yep, even though I love dogs, I will always want a cat. They make you laugh, and I love their attitude of, "I'm lord of this house, you are my servents, and anyone who doesn't care for that gets booted out the door." lol :D So, mainly, I like their ego. lol
I'm sure you've heard this saying:

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

avenlee

LOL, my cat, Fagan, used to stand up for our Lhasa, Spencer. We had a friend over with his dog and the dog was barking at Spencer only wanting to play. When all of a sudden, Fagan popped around the corner and started attacking my friend's dog. It was so funny. My friend was just trying to get the cat off of his dog. Now with Sadie and Nora ... that's another story. I think Fagan's getting too old or to pissed off at me with all the pets. LOL, now he just says "Fend for your own .. YAWN"

I find that Rush is a good cat because he doesn't try to eat my little critters. I was able to teach him not to pester Abby (my Budgie) and not to chase Chum (my deceased G. Pig) in about 2 days. After that, he could be in the same room with them without a person present and he didn't do anything.
He is also pretty good with kids (Older kids anyway. Not little toddlers,) because he gives off plenty of warnings before he scratches or bites. He'll even do a fake swipe (He'll get you, but he'll have his claws in) before he does the real thing.

But what are your favortie cat breeds? (Like, pure bred cats.) I like the Pixie Bob, the Simease(sp?) and the Bengal. I also like the Main Coon.

Purr

~3 Mutts~
Siamese ;)

I love the Siamese, too. I love them all, really. I don't think I have a favorite...though I do love the bombay breed a lot. Like little panthers :p

LOL. Tippy tried to eat one of the neighbor's cats a few days ago. It was crossing the street to sleep under someone's car. She freaked him out and he ran off to sleep in the flowers, but another cat came out hissing at her. His tail was all puffed up....he was a very angry kitty cat. She kept letting out whiney barks, like, "C'mon, let's chase the kitty! Let's chase the kitty!"

I looove Siamese cats. Met one a few years ago. She's such a sweet cat. Her owners call her Dirt Ball (I can't think think of a dumber name for her), we called her Angel because she was a real sweetheart.

Dirt Ball? That has to be one of the weirdest names I've ever heard. lol

Our neighbor has a Black Cat (whom I've dubbed Midnight) that occasionally come into our yard. It used to come into our yard at night all of the time, and Rush would throw a fit. He'd be outside staring at this cat and the cat would be meowing and meowing and meowing, and if it started to move even a little bit, Rush would hiss at it and be really threatening toward it.
But that isn't what I was going to tell you. lol It came into our yard one time and our dogs treed it up a tree that is only about 10ft high. They were both barking and just making a fuss. (Rose was trying to climb the tree to get it.) We went out and got our dogs away, and the cat climbed down and went home.

Barb04

Super Moderator
Grady came into his own. Tiny used to be the same way but now he tells them what to do except for Kona who is still learning about cats. Bear actually comes around Kona which I never thought would happen. Cats are funny and will show their true colors when they need to.

Members online

No members online now.