The Venting Thread

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
but when I'm joking around with my sister and we both get yelled at to "shut up and leave it at the door because it's _____ annoying"... I am probably not going to be too impressed. Afterwards, a few of my co-workers told me how out of line it was and said that he has acted similarly towards them, so go figure.
He actually told you to "shut up?" Wow.
IMO it doesn't really help to know that a manager is equally crappy to everybody. In fact it kinda makes it worse. I always wonder how these people ever got in positions of management/power when their people skills are totally trash.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
On the way to work this morning I heard a radio ad for a handmade crafters and artists expo my old work is putting on. Just so happens they are putting it on at my gym too. I'm sort of interested in finding out how much it costs to buy a booth.
But at the same time that means I have to call the station... talk to a sales rep, meaning an ex-co-worker, and the only sales rep I would have LIKED to talk to has now left... give them some of my MONEY... and will have to go into the station for meetings and stuff.
And I really don't want to. I mean I just really really. I went by the station the other day to talk to my friend and he asked me if I wanted to come inside and no, I just kinda didn't.

It still feels like a bad breakup.

At the same time I know if I ever started a business or anything, that is where I would go to advertise... and it would be the smartest business move... so this could legit be a good idea... but.
But.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Meh, I don't mind the censorship. For the people that prefer censored material, it's available...and for those that don't want censored material, it's available, too!

My vent:

I was going to run errands right after I got off of work. Then I realized I didn't have my checks to deposit. And didn't know what kind of ink I needed to get for the printer. And then my plan just fell through. So now I have to drive 20 minutes BACK in to town to just do some odds and ends errands. Boooo.

But, at least it is a beautiful day and I have the rest of the day off!

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
LOL I know. It's true. When McGuinty was reelected here, I tried to convince hubby to move to AB.

I think the winters would kill me though.
Well we'be had brown Christmases for the past few years... Just a couple of storms. So if you really like to have snow for all of winter, don't move here. Otherwise southern Alberta is fantastic.

Cali Mae

Little dog, big voice
He actually told you to "shut up?" Wow.
IMO it doesn't really help to know that a manager is equally crappy to everybody. In fact it kinda makes it worse. I always wonder how these people ever got in positions of management/power when their people skills are totally trash.
Basically, and I wouldn't have had a problem with him asking us to stop joking around if he had gone about it differently. My manager is only about nineteen, since my job is at the local pool, but I still feel as though he should've been professional about it. He isn't too great with people to begin with, but I've been able to tolerate it up until he said that.

He even had the audacity to say the same thing the night before, except it was at a staff party... at someone else's house. Once again, it was because I made a light-hearted joke about my sister's "roots" and even though she was laughing and going along with it, he decided to tell us to stop being annoying.

I am just keeping my fingers crossed that this year's assistant manager takes his position next year... because he is much better at communicating and is just easier to be around. Nor does he constantly pull rank surrounding Nationals, which is basically something you need in order to lifeguard at a university or beach. He says himself that Nationals is irrelevant and it doesn't make a better lifeguard, yet he always makes jokes. It doesn't bother me personally, but it irritates a few of my co-workers... even the ones who have Nationals themselves.

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
Basically. I just got a debit card and access to my savings account when I turned 18, and some days I just want to spend ALL OF IT.
Seriously, why does nobody make 1.5" whiskey themed ribbon? I mean, come on. I can't be the only person who wants a Jack Daniels collar. :rofl1:

Also, winter is coming. Hurrta jacket plz? And all the comfortflex's.. because I want to bike with them.

Muttkip

LABRADERP!
Also, winter is coming. Hurrta jacket plz? And all the comfortflex's.. because I want to bike with them.
Holy cow for the price ill stick to ChillyDogs, LOL. Never mind these are on sale on Amazon as well, LOL.

Alberta is the best FYI. ;) it has me and a few other awesome Chazers. Lol
Yes, Yes we are!!

Nothing will make me question my provincial education system more than browsing kijiji ads.

There's a missing Bull Massive, someone searching for a mini golden retriever and a litter of sheppard shizu mix pups...

i am with you there, not just that the spelling just every day words makes me CRAZY. There, their and they're are NOT interchangeable! And text speak, I mean I kinda got it when texting was done with the normal 12 buttons, but they have full keyboards now for pity sakes, type out please now pls, and kk is no shorter then ok!

/rant over

HayleyMarie

Like a bat outa' hell
Alberta is the best FYI. ;) it has me and a few other awesome Chazers. Lol
I was an Albertan, now I live in BC. Love, love it here. Are summers are HOT and our winters are full of snow, but are mild. LOVE IT!! Oh and we have a ski mountain and lakes and mountains and hiking and boating and awesome. I don't miss Alberta.

JessLough

Love My Mutt
i am with you there, not just that the spelling just every day words makes me CRAZY. There, their and they're are NOT interchangeable! And text speak, I mean I kinda got it when texting was done with the normal 12 buttons, but they have full keyboards now for pity sakes, type out please now pls, and kk is no shorter then ok!

/rant over
I just laughed at the mistakes in this post. Loudly. :p

Than and then are not interchangeable either ;)

I was an Albertan, now I live in BC. Love, love it here. Are summers are HOT and our winters are full of snow, but are mild. LOVE IT!! Oh and we have a ski mountain and lakes and mountains and hiking and boating and awesome. I don't miss Alberta.
I do what I can to avoid BC, :, last time was for a Star Trek Con, and I just stayed at the con. Its just not my bag, ill stay up north where I dont have to dose the dogs with chemicals for fleas and ticks, LOL.

HayleyMarie

Like a bat outa' hell
I do what I can to avoid BC, :, last time was for a Star Trek Con, and I just stayed at the con. Its just not my bag, ill stay up north where I dont have to dose the dogs with chemicals for fleas and ticks, LOL.
Meh, In my area I do not have to dose my animals with chemicals. And even when we drove through BC to Vancouver I did not give them chemicals. If I was stopping in the Okanagan, then maybe yes I might dose the dogs up but probably not since its still pretty uncommon there.

And I never dose my dogs with stuff for fleas and ticks. My dogs actually had flea issues when we lived in Spruce Grove. So far no fleas or ticks here. And even then we just let the fleas run their cycle and then they went away.

I spent a fair share of time in Fort Mac, you could not pay me to live there. I don't know how you do it. All the bugs and terrible drive to get there and the seclusion. Plus it costs a fortune to live there.

But each to their own :)

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online