**Possible spoilers** The new season of the walking dead :D

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
All I have to say is that if the show spans 2 years from the day Rick woke up and there's any chance that Shane was the father of Lori's baby then she has had the world's longest pregnancy. Rick was only in a coma for about a month and it only took him a week or so to find his family. This last episode made it pretty clear that the baby is Shane's. So really it can't have been but 9 months or so. Plus it's been made pretty clear that this was their first winter. They even talked about it at the farm, hoping the first winter would kill off some zombies.
I think they make it clear that Shane WANTS it to be his I know for it to be his the time doesn't add up for it to be his but I think they were emphasizing that Shane himself believed that the baby was his, not so much that it really was & Lori never actually comes out & says that it's his, that I know, but she does entertain the thought, all I remember her saying is that she says there is a chance the baby might be his.

I know a thing of two about big thumbs/small screen lol.

CatStina

SBT Lover!!
I don't think the baby is Shane's, the timeline doesn't fit. It doesn't really matter anyway, though.

The actor that plays Carl is 13, so he's a bit older than he looks.

What I'm surprised no one has mentioned is the living prisoners at the end!!! What did everyone think of that!? I don't like it. I don't like the idea of bringing prisoners from a maximum security prison back to your camp with children and a pregnant woman. I kind of hope they kill the prisoners because they make me nervous. I guess that's kind of awful, but I would have a really hard time trusting them... I guess we'll see what happens!

Jules

Magic, motherf@%$*#!
Well, it seems like the prisoners were there before. And they won't simply kill them. It's going to be interesting!

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
Yeah they prolly hit out when things first started going bad or something. They don't seem like "bad" guys. But remember they Rick said to Merle on the roof? Something like there is no good or bad anymore... There is only light & dark meat? I assume that still rings true in a world where government, law & order are no more.

Pits&Pugs

if anyone reads the comic/graphic novel .....the time spent at the prison is some of my favorite times......

really liked the first episode.....I can't wait to see what has been going on with Lori/Rick ...not a fan or Lori and would like Rick a lot better with a backbone

Love that Andrea and Maggie are back and badass!!

not feeling the Daryl/Carol ship....ok with them being friends but don't want to see it go any further ....I know IRL ..the actors are only a like 5 years apart but in the show I feel like Carol is more of a mommy figure

Red.Apricot

I don't like the way they've been treating the female characters in the show so far.

I am also sad about Dale. :[ It looks like they're combining Comic!Dale and Comic!Hershel into one character for the show, which is a bummer. I love(d) Comic!Dale.

Glenn is awesome.

Pits&Pugs

I don't like the way they've been treating the female characters in the show so far.

I am also sad about Dale. :[ It looks like they're combining Comic!Dale and Comic!Hershel into one character for the show, which is a bummer. I love(d) Comic!Dale.

Glenn is awesome.
agree Glenn is awesome!.......and comic Dale was great too

I think they make it clear that Shane WANTS it to be his I know for it to be his the time doesn't add up for it to be his but I think they were emphasizing that Shane himself believed that the baby was his, not so much that it really was & Lori never actually comes out & says that it's his, that I know, but she does entertain the thought, all I remember her saying is that she says there is a chance the baby might be his.

I know a thing of two about big thumbs/small screen lol.
Either way, the fact that they thought it could have been his says that there is no way it has been 2 years. We are just now approaching the one year mark.

Brattina88

I finally saw this episode tonight and I was like :D

I am not squeamish at all but when he started hacking away at Hershel's leg without any hesitation :eek: and I knew it was coming because I read spoilers :eek: LOL

I hope Lori's baby is a zombie and it eats its way out of her. I am bad, I know :eek:

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
you know all Z killing doesnt bother me but the only things that made me squemish were: the Z disection in season 2 by Rick & Daryl to see if it had chowed down on Sophia just after she went missing... & the part where patricia breaks the chicken's legs & throws them to the barn Z's & the part where Hershel's leg gets hacked off... those are the only parts where i had to turn away from the screen.

forget Glenn how about Carol & carl... they are like totally bad ass now!

I don't think the baby is Shane's, the timeline doesn't fit. It doesn't really matter anyway, though.

The actor that plays Carl is 13, so he's a bit older than he looks.

What I'm surprised no one has mentioned is the living prisoners at the end!!! What did everyone think of that!? I don't like it. I don't like the idea of bringing prisoners from a maximum security prison back to your camp with children and a pregnant woman. I kind of hope they kill the prisoners because they make me nervous. I guess that's kind of awful, but I would have a really hard time trusting them... I guess we'll see what happens!
Why does everyone say the timeline doesn't fit for Shane to be the father? They had an "affair" about 9 months ago. She is due very soon. It fits. Tonight they finally came out and said it has been 10 months since things got really bad (zombie-wise). Those prisoners were holes up in the cafeteria for that long so now we know for sure, meaning the timing is perfect for Shane to have been the father.

I don't understand all the Lori hate. Why is Rick so mad at her? She had no reason to believe he was alive and he wasn't even that mad when he found out about the "affair" so why is he so angry now? I completely identify with Lori and sympathize with her. I don't see why everyone thinks she's a bad mom.

*************spoilers*****************

So, WOW tonight's episode was awesome. I totally did NOT see Rick killing that guy but I am do glad he did. I was "telling" him to do it during the whole episode. Can't wait for next week!

~Tucker&Me~

I don't understand all the Lori hate. Why is Rick so mad at her? She had no reason to believe he was alive and he wasn't even that mad when he found out about the "affair" so why is he so angry now? I completely identify with Lori and sympathize with her. I don't see why everyone thinks she's a bad mom.
Rick's not angry about the affair, he got over that. And I totally agree with you, in the big picture Lori really isn't at fault for that as she thought Rick was dead and Shane was a good provider and protector, not to mention someone to lean on emotionally.

Rick is angry because Lori dragged on the Shane drama for ages, essentially told Rick that Shane needed to die, and then when Rick killed him... She was pissed at Rick. So I think he is sick of her whining and bullpoopy :p

Lori drives me crazy though so maybe I am biased. Except for this season so far, literally every past episode she did something that was really annoying or stupid :rolleyes: But yeah, that's just my opinion.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
****************spoiler, talks about to tonight's episode*********************

Even her son is tired of her crap, I don't believe in talking back to parents but I'm glad that he stood up for himself when he took it upon himself to go to the infirmary & get the supplies they needed. I think that shows a lot of maturity on his part, also he was able to know what they would need (assuming he packed the bag).

& what does Lori do? She gives him the old "we appreciate what you did but..." Speech... Really.... REALLY? If I had a son like Carl I would be so proud couldn't stand it lol.

Rick's not angry about the affair, he got over that. And I totally agree with you, in the big picture Lori really isn't at fault for that as she thought Rick was dead and Shane was a good provider and protector, not to mention someone to lean on emotionally.

Rick is angry because Lori dragged on the Shane drama for ages, essentially told Rick that Shane needed to die, and then when Rick killed him... She was pissed at Rick. So I think he is sick of her whining and bullpoopy :p

Lori drives me crazy though so maybe I am biased. Except for this season so far, literally every past episode she did something that was really annoying or stupid :rolleyes: But yeah, that's just my opinion.
Oh ok, thanks. I had no idea why Rick was mad. It's so hard to remember everything that happened last season! Lol.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
@Samantha that's why it's great to have season 2 on DVD ;)

As forthr Rick/Lori stuff I think something happened over the winter, maybe having to do with Carl & how newfound bad assness

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Another great episode. Hubby said "AHHH this sucks not having the whole season right there so we can keep watching another one and another one" LOL we are hooked

Did anyone else jump when Lori was giving Hershel mouth to mouth and he grabbed her LOL. I was like OH NOOOOOO Hershels a zombie... oh, nope he's good PHEW LOL

Lori shouldn't have lectured Carl like that when he did them a huge favor and not only brought the supplies back but FOUND the infirmary in the first place. She should have thanked him and then reminded him that next time he should take some backup with him. Going alone was kind of foolish, he could have asked someone to go with him. Even Rick tends to not go anywhere alone.

I love Daryl... that's all LOL. He is badass but he's also kind hearted. I loved at the end when he told the two remaining prisoners "hey... sorry about your friend" and it was completely genuine.

I hope they end up bringing those two prisoners into their camp. I was so glad when Rick killed that guy. Through the whole episode we were like "Oh yeah that guy totally needs to die. Rick needs to put that guy down like NOW" lol and then after he pushed the walker onto Rick and when all was said and done he was like "Sorry he just came at me bro" "Yeah I know.... sh!t happens right?" and then the big dramatic pause and we were like DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT. LOL and then he did and we cheered LOL.

So whats going to happen with Carol out there practicing C Sections on cadavers?

I loved the moment near the end when hershel woke and didn't say anything but just reached out for Rick.

hmmm what else?

Oh yeah Rick and Lori... yeah I'm thinking something had to have happened over the winter and they just aren't telling us what it is yet. But maybe it is because she flipped out on him when he killed Shane. she had absolutely no regard that Rick was just trying to save his own life AND THEIRS!!!!

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
i know as soon as we were introduced to Tomas i was like, this guy has to die, LOL he was a killer, Axel mentioned that, & that they "werent like him" i dont think he & Oscar were bad guys, but i see Axel as someone who was prolly a snitch in the joint, i dont know he just strikes me as the type. i think the guard who put them in there just rounded them up because they were surivors, they dont strike me as a group of inmates who "hung out" back before all this happened.

although i knew that Tomas had to bite it, i was also kind of shocked that Rick actually DID it! he's become a very ruthless guy over the winter, wonder what all thhey had to do over the time we didnt see them? Maybe it was just me but i saw a lot of Shane-esque in Tomas, maybe Rick saw it too & was thinking 'Oh no... not again, I'm going to do what i should have done initially the first time.

i dont know what to make if Carol practicing a c-section (tho I'm kinda glad they didnt 'show' it, the first walker disesection had my belly pretty queasy) she mentioned that Hershel wasnt going to be able to do it, tho i dont know why because he could dictate to her or he could sit while he did it iff it came to that.

also, those who have had kids: if the baby suddenly stops moving IS that a sure sign they have died? also carol mentions that since Lori had carl via c-section then its likely she will have to have one with this baby too, is that also true?

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
It isn't a sure sign that the baby has died but it is cause for concern and could certainly mean it has died.

As for the c section, depends on what the complications were. It doesn't definitely mean she will have to have another c section but it raises the likleyhood of another one quite a bit. Although, being prepared is never a bad thing.

Carols thinking was if he doesn't regain consciousness or dies she will be on her own for this one. At that point She didn't know he had regained consciousness at all.

Members online

No members online now.