Stress...

yoko

Video games, music, fishing.

Also I have aspergers and so sometimes at work if I'm overwhelmed and stressing out one of my doctor people has had me start writing in a journal. I basically take a time out and write what is going on. I don't know if it's just giving me a break or making me quit stressing by making me refocus on recording what is happening but it has helped me a lot.

Locke

I pretend I'm not stressed, then become very snarky, cry irrationally, push people away, cry some more, then watch tv.

Gempress

Walks into Mordor
What works for me:

-Deep clean the house. It's been proven that disordered surroundings greatly increase feelings of stress, depression and anxiety.
- I turn off the TV and computer, and curl up in a chair with a cup of hot tea and a book.
- I'm not spontaneous at all. I don't think I can do anything without my brain reflexively thinking a hundred steps ahead. If I'm stressed about something, I think about every possible scenario and exactly what I would do in each one. Having a plan helps me relieve the anxiety.

NicoleLJ

PSD Partner
baking, singing, checking out the forums or face book, reading, cuddling with the dogs while having a good cry.

Romy

Taxiderpy
Chocolate.

Watching an awesome show.

Cleaning up the animals. I don't know why, but everybody having clean bedding, fresh food and water, and being freshly bathed just makes me feel all relaxed and happy.

Brattina88

Cleaning, music full blast. Excercise of some sort... Preferably with a dog or two ;)

Actually, the only thing that REALLYhelps me is going to the peir with a friend and watching the sun go down. :eek:

chaospony

Bingeing on crappy food :(

But the less destructive things are writing in a journal and drinking Zhenas gypsy rose tea. I save it for those stressful times and force myself to just stop and focus on it.
But ignoring it, worrying incessantly and crying are always options too.

Zhucca

Lab Love
Healthy ways I may help to cope are cleaning (cleanallthethings), going to my favourite park for a dog walk, exercise, reading a book, talk to my favourite person.

Unhealthy ways... I binge on bad food, sit on the internet and read depressing stuff, and lay in my dark room thinking "woe is me".

or I just sleep it off.

Paige

Let it be
I got for a walk or do something physical. Releasing stress physically really helps me.

thehoundgirl

Going to zumba class twice a week really helps if I am stressed. Also, walking my dogs and listening to music. :) I try not to eat when I am stressed because well, I am working on losing weight.

Lyzelle

I get really frustrated when I'm stressed. Anxious, jittery, mind is a jumbled mess. Can't get comfortable with anything. No patience. No tolerance. Too tired to put any effort in anything.

I try taking a long, hot bath with relaxing salts. Helps me get centered again. Then depending on how I feel afterwards, something to zonk me out for 17 hours or so.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
- Running/walking. Put on some angry music (eminem or some madness lol) and just pound the pavement.
- Cleaning. Scrubbing, cleaning, organizing, disinfecting (clorox wipes gives me a weird sort of control of the world)

I do those things until I am 100% dirty and sweaty and disgusting and satisfied with how clean everything is.

Then I take a LONNNGGGGG hot shower. get into my pajamas.. fall into bed, watch netflix and eat until I feel better.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Pleasure food binging. (Cereal, goldfish crackers, chocolate.) Sitting down for an hour to play the piano. Listening to loud music (Disturbed is my favorite when I'm stressed) followed by soothing music (piano or orchestra, normally). Writing in my journal. Watching stupid TV, or a kiddy movie. Something that keeps you entertained, but doesn't require brain power. Shower, feel clean and tidy.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
Oh. and sex.
obviously lol the ultimate stress reliever.

It's like a workout and a massage with about 100000 more endorphins lol

Doberluv

Work in my garden or go for a walk or hike with the dogs or go for a swim gets my mind off some of that. Playing piano is something I always did before, but haven't lately. Singing is a good stress reliever too. I tend to eat more fattening things when I'm stressed.

Members online