The Good News thread

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I found a pet boutique only 4 miles from my house that I had never heard of. And it sells everything I use plus some! Yay no more driving 20 minutes to get dog food!

Of course I kinda feel bad leaving the old local pet boutique I'd been going to but....

Xandra

My uncles are moving out from my late grandparents' house, and so we went to see if there's anything we wanted.

I got a 1930's?? Leitz Wetzlar microscope that my grandfather used in his medical practice! No idea how to use it, or even if it still works, but it has the potential to be cool! Maybe I can do my own fecals (of my animals I mean lol) :p

Paviche

Duuuuude.
I poked a hole in my nail to relieve the pressure from smashing it last night. That doesn't sound like good news, but I am SO proud of myself for doing it, lol. The thought totally freaked me out but it hurt badly enough that I was willing to try. And boy did it help! It feels SOOO much better. Hooray!

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
I wanted to wait until I got the official stuff in the mail to announce this, but.... I applied for a PAL for Joey so that I can compete him in lure coursing and I found out that they approved it and I can't hold it in.

Mr Joey is officially Aussie's How To Catch A Kangaroo

Now to start entering a few trials... There's one coming up in late August that I had already planned to enter him in. He's going to be my starter into lure coursing. Getting another Ibizan eventually as well that will be my show and other coursing dog.

Saeleofu

I've been trying to do C25K for the last 2 years. I always lose interest after the first or second week, because it's just SO tedious.

So, today I went to the gym and said **** IT. I'm going to do 5k today, and that's that! I'll take note of my times, and just improve from there.

I haven't been to the gym more than 3-4 times in the last few months due to lack of time, and I haven't been on the treadmill AT ALL for months. Last time I ran seriously was in middle school.

My times:
Mile 1: 15 min 52 sec
Mile 2: 16 min 35 sec
Mile 3: 17 min 12 sec
Total for 5k (3.11 miles): 51 min 26 sec

My first mile was over half running. The rest had progressively more walking. It's not fast, but I'm super proud of myself right now! I know my times will only get better, and now I have something concrete to work towards, not mindless, boring interval work that makes it hard to determine whether or not I'm actually improving. My initial goal is to run at a steady 5 mph the whole time (so a 12 minute mile). Then, get faster from there. I want to do a real 5k race, and be able to do it in a decent time, by this time next year :D

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
The feed store nearest to me carries dog and cat food- good food. :) I'm so relieved I don't have to make a trip that's an hour long to get the dogs some good food. Similar to Laur's good news. ;)
I feel so silly, they're sold dog food all this time. It's just that the horse stuff is the biggest revenue for them, so the dog stuff is in the back.

-bogart-

Member of WHODAT Nation.
I am greatly amused , GoT was epic and HBO did a great job with the Red Wedding, Watching the strict HBO fans explode today has been fun . Even though I knew it was coming , it was still as brutal as when I read it .

anddddd now ever since I saw this earlier I have a Billy Idol in my head.

Color this girl obsessed still.

My good news....I did not realize how big of a path the tornado that hit here Friday had left. It is VERY good news that it was not that powerful nor wide (EF3 so not nothing either) and while it caused damage, there were no deaths and only a couple of injuries. It went through some really heavily populated areas too. The last several that have hit St. Louis, I dont know how they miss so much in the areas they are hitting...good news for sure.

It was on the ground for 35 minutes and 32.5 miles.

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
I finally found the perfect alternative major with a school that is commutable and completely doable. I'm feeling very accomplished, relieved, and super excited. I haven't felt this in a while about my education.

:D

DJEtzel

Brian and I were the first ones to redeem coupons for free quarts of nutrients at our local garden store, and they hadnt received the nutrients yet from botanicare, so they wrote our names down and we're guaranteed a set now. It's a promotional thing so we were worried about them running out, but now we're definitely getting them! These will be invaluable in the start of our veggie garden! About a $50 value, too! I <3 indoor gardening expos!

MisssAshby

Richy Rich HM Twit!
I found a pet boutique only 4 miles from my house that I had never heard of. And it sells everything I use plus some! Yay no more driving 20 minutes to get dog food!

Of course I kinda feel bad leaving the old local pet boutique I'd been going to but....
One Lucky Mutt?

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
90s pop radio on Pandora = most amazing thing ever. The 90s produced so many wonderful things. Music included. :p

And I am sitting here listening to it, while eating out of a tub of cookie dough and drinking Dr Pepper. Ooooh yeah, do I know how to relax after a long day or what. :cool:

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
Fable was actually really, really well behaved today! She listened to everything I said immediately and didn't destroy anything.
And I just realized how sad that is. :eek: I've got to report on the good news thread that my dog did not in fact demolish the house and/or my belongings. :rofl1:

Saeleofu

I has Honest Kitchen samples. LOTS OF THEM. :popcorn:

And it's looking more and more likely I MAY be able to switch Logan to THK...if he will eat it (I haven't tried it yet, but I'm about to).

Also, this stuff reminds me of the dehydrated gecko food powders lol

Paviche

Duuuuude.
I has Honest Kitchen samples. LOTS OF THEM. :popcorn:

And it's looking more and more likely I MAY be able to switch Logan to THK...if he will eat it (I haven't tried it yet, but I'm about to).

Also, this stuff reminds me of the dehydrated gecko food powders lol
I just bought a big box of THK for the first time today! My boys liked a sample I got a while back, so I finally bit the bullet and got a bunch to supplement their kibble. I'm so excited! I hope Logan likes it!

Saeleofu

I just bought a big box of THK for the first time today! My boys liked a sample I got a while back, so I finally bit the bullet and got a bunch to supplement their kibble. I'm so excited! I hope Logan likes it!
Awesome! And, I just gave Logan a sample pack of Keen and he LOVED it. YAY!

Members online