what kind of dog should i get

can u give me a idea of what breed should i get please help (can u tell me ur age cause i feel safe to no how old is the person i a chatting with.

Love4Pits

Playful Husky Pup
Depends on your living conditions and how much time you spend at home how much time you can devote to the dog.ect ect

Did you ask your parents? As was mentioned, we'll need to know things like what size you want, what sort of energy level you can handle, how much time you can devote per day, what kind of financial responsibilities you can support (including vet care, training, supplies, food, etc.), what experience you have with dogs, and all those kinds of things. Maybe your parents can help you answer those...?

How much time do you have to exercise the dog every day (during the school year)?
How much time do you have to groom the dog every day (during the school year)?
How much time do you have to play with the dog every day (during the school year)?
How much money can you spend yearly on vet bills?
How much money can you spend monthly on general supplies (collars, leashes, toys, shampoo, etc.)?
How much money can you spend monthly on food?
How much time can you spend training the dog every day (during the school year)?

showpug

If your parents were "iffy" in the first place about the idea of you getting a dog then you may want to re-think the idea. EVERYONE in your house needs to want a dog and be happy about getting a dog. I have heard a few times on this forum about kids who talk their parents into a dog only for it to become disasterous later on once their parents realize what a comittment a dog is. You and your parents must realize that there is a lot that goes into owning and caring for a dog. Food costs (no grocery store garbage, I am talking about the good stuff) vet bills that can run $200 or more per visit, not to mention, some breeds require regular grooming and all new dogs need to go to dog training school....that all costs money!! I don't want to talk you out of it, and you know your situation way better than I do, but I would hate to see your household be anything other than a forever home and there is a lot that goes into a decision to get a dog. Good luck :)

Amstaffer

Showpug is right....Wait until you are on your own and financially able to have a dog. It is not a good deal if some people in the house (especially the ones in charge) are "iffy" about having a dog. Dogs are very expensive in money and time.

Maybe volunteer at the local Humane Society and get feel for the different breeds you'll see there. You can share your love and time with many different dogs who really need it.

nedim

lablovingirl said:
How do you post a new thread??

Thats kinda off-topic, but there is a button on top of the page that says new thread when you click on one of the forum categories.

Amstaffer said:
Maybe volunteer at the local Humane Society and get feel for the different breeds you'll see there. You can share your love and time with many different dogs who really need it.
What a great idea! I get a lot of my daily doggy fix training at the humane society here. You'll learn a lot there!

bubbatd

I agree !!!! That would be a good way to get a "puppy or dog " fix. Our HS here needs people to walk, play, help socialize , etc etc. When I went to check out Hunter for EliN ... there was a litter of VERY young pups dropped off and they needed people to work with them one on one. If you parents are in favor, you might even consider being a foster parent through rescue. This would help them and you decide if OWNING a dog is really for you all.

Members online

No members online now.