What brand would u buy if you were uneducated about dog nutrition?

iheartsammy

ME+DOGS=CRAZY
Ok lets say we just got are first dog, and have no clue about dog nutrition, and are to lazy to care:( (not saying any of you are! your all very responcible (sp?) dog owners!). What brand would you buy just based on the bag and what it say?

I would have picked Beniful, I mean who could resist those freshly chopped meats, and veggies? :p

Again this is just for pretend, not real!:eek:

ihartgonzo

and Fozzie B!
Hrm. That's a hard one. I am kind of obsessive about all foods in general, and we never used to shop for dog food at grocery stores even *before* I was old enough to care about dog food... we bought Nutro at the pet store for many years.

I probably wouldn't buy Beneful, because I've always thought the soft, squishy kibbles are wierd. I'd probably buy Purina One, maybe Iams :/ if I had no idea at all, and had no inclination to research owning a dog. hehe

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
When we got Molly we knew nothing about dog nutrition and got Nutro. I'd say that's pretty good lol...we actually still feed it. No idea what made my mom choose it, I would think she'd choose something like Iams or whatever.

Anyway...if I were uninformed, I'd probably go with Beneful. Just because the commercials are so cute lol, and they seriously make that stuff look good.

Toller_08

When my family *was* uneducated about dog nutrition, we bought Nutro Natural Choice.

Mordy

Quigleyfied
I'm not sure, actually. In the given scenario, I'd probably pick something that I could get at the grocery store, just so I wouldn't have to go out of my way to pick something up at the pet store.

So I'd say Beneful does look like a likely candidate. :( :eek:

This feels like a nightmare! :D

vanillasugar

just call me Nilly
Beneful or Pedigree. Both have fantastic ad campaigns that know just how to make people believe that their foods are really THAT great. It's so sad. I'm SO glad I know what I do and I help to educate others!

(On another note, before I knew anything about nutrition, I bought Whiskas for my cat... that changed instantly once I started learning).

Beneful... I would feel so good giving my dog "real" home cooked meals.:(

Or Iams... you know "good for life".

Elissa

LizzieCollie

Collie Crazy
I'd choose Eukanuba. I was actually feeding Beneful so that one of my choices also. I mean, how can you NOT refuse that awsome looking bag. My parents fed Pedigree but the dogs didnt really like it, and when Beneful came into the market my mom switched to that and her Golden loved it. When I became a first time pet owner (Lizzie) I fed her Beneful because Pedigree was sort of plain looking and even though I didnt know a thing about Nutrition, Old Roy looked seriously crappy to me

I used to be uneducated big time about dog food. I'd buy what ever was cheapest. A store brand name like Ol' Roy or what ever I could get. The dogs didn't seem to mind either. But then once I started looking at other foods and reading articles on nutrition for dogs wow now I don't buy any and cook my own......

Members online

No members online now.