Next Door neighbour...AHHHH

luvmydogs

you know...now the puppy is small and cute...what if he decides to bite one of them when he's older? they will be the ones who would want him to be put down cus he's a staffordshire terrier. idiots. gosh i wished i was their neighbor.

frznbuns

I totally agree. God forbid if the neighbor's children were playing with Shadow and she nipped one of the children in the face, Well, I can tell you that the neighbor would not be so friendly then and then here would come Animal Control to take you baby away. :(
I have a neighbor a couple of doors away who hates my Dobermans(just wait till see hears that I am adopting another one) well, she came over to my house and said that I had to do something with my dogs in the morning. now I don't put my dogs out till 7am and I am with them all the time. If they start to bark, I put them straight back in the house. Well, she said she likes to sleep till 10. :mad: Then she said that she didn't like the fact that my male dog Spirit sits on my hot tub and looks into her house. Well, she doesn't have any curtains and her husband walks around naked all the time. I told her to get off my porch. Well, that same day she turned me into animal control because I didn't have a dog house. I told animal control that My dogs have a 3 bedroom dog house that they let me live in with them. never heard from them again. Be careful!!

Last edited:

showpug

Keep your puppy in the house. 11 weeks is way too young to be left outside unattended anyway IMO. I never let my pups out without supervision. Take her out at lunch, but the rest of the time, in the house. Your neighbor is not going to respect your wishes, she has made that obvious. At this point I would be protective and remove your pup from the outdoor situation until all the "puppy" hype is over. You may confront her and tell her to stay out of your yard etc. but my bet is that she doesn't listen. :mad: Good luck

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
two boys that were about 5 and 8 killed my first labrador puppy. He was 8 weeks old at the time. They didn't mean to,they just squeezed him to hard and broke his ribs into his lung. I wasn't there at the time, i was out in the field working a dog. My old boss had let this man come over with his two brats and he let them in unattended with the litter. I raced my poor puppy all the way to the emergency vet but he died on the way. Children tease dogs too, they do not realize what they are doing and can make a very young pup grow into a very mean dog. Teasing comes naturally for human children and is the absolute worst thing for a young dog..especially at that age. I would take that approach with the mother. Tell her that you do not want the children playing with the puppy when you are not around period. Be firm, tell her about what happened to my pup. That an 11 week old puppy is the same thing as an infant more or less.

A neighbor who so grossly disregards your wishes AND common boundaries isn't a good neighbor . . . the more I think about it the creepier and sneakier it seems.

Maybe I'm as territorial as my dogs, but I do NOT want someone else in my yard without an invitation from me, and never when I'm not there.

Fortunately, with my dogs that's not a problem . . . [evil chuckle]

Maybe I'm as territorial as my dogs, but I do NOT want someone else in my yard without an invitation from me, and never when I'm not there.
I agree.

I think keeping your pup inside is the best idea. Your neighbor may very well take your puppy without your permission if you don't.

but once u do it it may turn out pretty easy
I agree, I am a very shy person, so talking to people I don't know very well is usually pretty hard for me. I just make myself do it, and once it's done, I feel much better.

Members online

No members online now.