... getting spayed today! So nervous..

pup-man

Permanent Troll
After all my thoughts on breeding, waiting to get her fixed, and mixed opinions on getting her spayed, I have finally taken the leap and am having my dog spayed today. I just dropped her off and she won't be available until after 6pm. I wish I can be there to watch the procedure but the Vet said I can't :mad:

She is also getting the Avid chip as well.... Is there anything I should ask the Vet when I pick her up? Any tips or suggestions would be appreciated. I feel so nervous right now, and felt bad when we left her. I know it will all pay off in the long run.

Thanks!

bubbatd

The prudent thing to do !! She'll get along fine . Check in when she's home !

Last edited:

pup-man

Permanent Troll
She is doing okay, I think. I'm a little concerned because she was spayed yesterday and the Vet told us to pull her food at 9pm the night before....she didnt get a chance to eat that much on Sunday night and didnt eat anything all day yesterday and is still not eating this morning. She still feels droggy and stuff. I have been giving her water which she is drinking but is not eating right now. Is this normal?

jess2416

Who woulda thought
Chloe didnt eat much either after I brought her home....But now that she is feeling better she has been eating and drinking fine...

Giny

I'm glad all went well.

As for her not eating, her tummy is probably still upset from the operation and she's probably still sore. Nutri-Cal would be great for her, it will help to re-energize her a bit. Also, when Kassie got spayed I gave her a little bit of boiled rice and hamburger, it coaxed her to want to eat. I just gave her a couple table spoons full of it several times a day.

She’ll be feeling better soon, it took Kassie around 4 days before she started being her normal self again.

Debi

I wouldn't worry just yet, pup-man. as long as she is drinking water. she'll eat when she feels a bit better. when my shepherd was neutered, he didn't eat for 3 days. I know how you feel, cause I hate to think they're starving. I bet she's more herself tomorrow.....just a little more spoiled. :) :) I'm so glad she is doing well.

pup-man

Permanent Troll
Thank you all for your re-assurance.... sometimes you know whats right but just want to re-hear it from other people.

I'll keep an update on her progress. :)

P.S. I didn't get an E-Collar... do you see anythign wrong with me putting a bandage over her spay area and some clothing to prevent her from licking it or getting it infected? Thanks!

Debi

I think it may be better to let the air get to it. if she does insist on licking, then an e-collar is the best option. trust me, a bandage wouldn't be a barrier if she wants to get to the incision.

She will eat when she's ready. Sometimes after anesthesia they just don't feel like eating for a few days....as long as she's drinking water, I wouldn't worry to much about it.

pup-man

Permanent Troll
Things have improved much to my likings. Once I turned on the burners and started making her some chicken and rice, she got all excited..... and devoured her dinner (I had to slow her down a bit). All is well in my household now. Thanks for the comments....:)

Members online

No members online now.