The Good News thread

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Just found a job listing for a bather that has the exact hours and days I need.

It's not the vet assistant job that I'd prefer, and the commute would be longer than preferable...but I enjoyed my time as a bather and by God, the hours are PERFECT. High end of part time hours (which is what I want), no weekends and holidays, and home by 3pm.

*crosses all fingers and toes*

If this pans out, my day will have just gotten better.

Saeleofu

It's not the vet assistant job that I'd prefer, and the commute would be longer than preferable...but I enjoyed my time as a bather and by God, the hours are PERFECT. High end of part time hours (which is what I want), no weekends and holidays, and home by 3pm.

Good luck!

Good luck!

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
HOORAY FOR TAX REFUND MONEY!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

That is SO what we needed right now. It replenished our savings account AND we have more than enough left over for essential things, plus fun things. Which means all bills are paid except for rent, and the check Michael gets on the 1st will cover that and then some. WHOOT.

Also: credit card is now paid OFF. Take that, moving expenses! No interest is accruing on you, baby!

ETA: AND WE GOT OUR STATE REFUND, TOO.

I am so excited right now.

Last edited:

Saeleofu

Phone interview went well, now I have to wait a couple weeks for them to check references, then see if I get invited for an in-person interview. It sounds like a great little zoo to work for - not tiny, but not enormous. And it's education animals (which is what I do now at my zoo), quarantine (all the new animals, woo!), and commissary (foodstuffs, which is also something I've always loved). It honestly sounds perfect.

And it's 3 1/2 hours further west than I am now ;)

JazzyTheSibe

Love is 4 legged word

Good luck!

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
Had plans to go camping this weekend with my sister and a friend but our friends dad is being deployed to Afghanistan in 2 weeks (instead of 2 months like he was supposed to be) and they are going to visit family in Illinois before he's gone for 7-9 months. :(

But the good news is, we made new plans a friend so when I get off work we're gonna shop all day and then go to the 11:00pm showing of Divergent tonight! WOOT!

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Had plans to go camping this weekend with my sister and a friend but our friends dad is being deployed to Afghanistan in 2 weeks (instead of 2 months like he was supposed to be) and they are going to visit family in Illinois before he's gone for 7-9 months. :(

But the good news is, we made new plans a friend so when I get off work we're gonna shop all day and then go to the 11:00pm showing of Divergent tonight! WOOT!
Ugh I wish I didn't work in the morning, I wanna see this tonight! I suppose it's enough that I take time off to go to the Hunger Games openings lol.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
I love my Thursdays. Dog park, shopping, stuffed crust pizza while watching Game of Thrones, a walk with the dogs, more shopping, out to dinner.... and now relaxing for the rest of the night.

And oh, I love finding dirt cheap hair products that I can combine with my expensive products, which means I have to use less of the expensive one so it lasts longer!

Tortilla

Blonde Raccoon
Omg, so that research assignment that I failing at writing yesterday (thanks in part to crazy border collie puppy flailing herself at me :p ) ended up SUCKING (see venting thread). I was up until 4 am putting the finishing touches on it, but at that point I was tired and delirious and wasn't even really aware of what I was saying anymore. I read it this morning and it was like, crap, this is terrible. Utter garbage. And the assignment is worth 40% of my grade. Waaaah.

Anyway, the prof emails the class and is like 'if you want to hand the assignment in late, it is a 4% penalty per day, but I don't include weekends.' :eek: THIS IS THE FIRST PROF EVER TO NOT INCLUDE WEEKENDS AS DAYS. So I emailed back just to make sure, and yep, as it turns out I can hand it in on Monday with only a 4% penalty. AWESOME. So now I have an extra three days to totally fix it up. I'M SO HAPPY. :D

Members online

No members online now.