The Good News thread

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Getting everything moved back onto Herbert. Do you guys know how nice it is just to have my bookmarks back? I mean really. Simple things... that mean so much...

I'm considering not even reinstalling the old chat client I used to use nightly. I miss using it and talking to a lot of friends but I don't miss the daily drama and BS. And I don't miss having left behind... a lot of stuff I would rather not remember.
So I think I'm not going to reinstall it.
And it kind of feels good.
(At the same time I'm remembering stuff I would rather not remember and suddenly want to cry.)

Saeleofu

I'm scheduled for some education programs over the next month instead of just animal care! One of our main part time education people is leaving for grad school in 6 weeks (unfortunately :( ), so maybe I can pick up some more program stuff after that.

Barbara!

My boyfriend and I just spent a half hour arguing over why he has to be the beans in the burrito we make with his blankets when I go see him in two weeks. He wants to be the beef, but I say he can be the chicken only if I'm lettuce. If I'm rice, he has to be beans.

[We're insane, btw.]

He makes me so happy.

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
I have a whole leg of lamb, with a garlic and herb rub, slowly roasting in the oven. Yum yum yum.

I'm going to make roast potatoes, honey roasted carrots and parsnips, Yorkshire puddings and veg to go with it :) yummmmmmmmmmm.

The whole house stinks of garlic, and it still has 2 hours of cooking left to go :D

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
Ended up having a great birthday weekend, even though I thought it was going to be sucky because of an old friend flaking out on me.

Also had gorgeous weather, and got a few nice walks in, including one tonight with Danielle. Lots and lots of time to just chill and spend time with the dogs.

Now, sipping on some Southern Comfort and Dr. Pepper and watching TV, with dogs sleeping and quiet. If only the hubby were home. Speaking of.. his job is looking really hopeful, and I think we find out tomorrow if he got it!

CaliTerp07

I sold my car today. I am feeling surprisingly conflicted emotions over this. It was dying, it was time for it to find a new home (and I purchased my new escape over the weekend!) but I am seriously sniffly over it! The eclipse was my first car, my trusty steed that got me to my first job, years of grad school, and zipping around town. I hope its new home loves it as much as I did.

In non-conflicted emotional news, Escape should come home on Wednesday or Thursday, after they put in the HEATED LEATHER SEATS AND SUNROOF. Woohoo!

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
My sil is being induced today! I get to be an aunty :D
I already have presents for new baby. S/he is going to be so spoilt.

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
JOSH GOT THE JOB! YAYAYAYAYAYA!

Now this means we will not really have to worry about money for a LONGGG time. After the first three steps of the Total Money Makeover is over, I CAN FINALLY RETIRE THE JEEP! Thank the Lord.

Also, horses, cows, and a house?! Eff yes.

Plus, I got a revolver from my in-laws for my birthday. Apparently April Fools day is it for me. :D

joce

JOSH GOT THE JOB! YAYAYAYAYAYA!

Now this means we will not really have to worry about money for a LONGGG time. After the first three steps of the Total Money Makeover is over, I CAN FINALLY RETIRE THE JEEP! Thank the Lord.

Also, horses, cows, and a house?! Eff yes.

Plus, I got a revolver from my in-laws for my birthday. Apparently April Fools day is it for me. :D
Congrats!

Brattina88

New London but really its just the far end of Wellington. I hate its so far out from everything but nothing with land was coming up for sale where we wanted. We are looking at this as a five or ten year plan house and hopefully finding where we want then. Lot cheaper than we were gonna spend. Ill put pics up tommorow.

They called and said they can't get utilities on today so the inspection has to wait.

It's right by the metro park out there. Charleton or something? Haven't ridden there yet. Ill miss my park I'm near now!
Charlemont Reservation? I believe I went there when I was little and riding on big ole palamino horse named Dee. It's been aaaages, though and I barely remember :eek:

Can't wait to see pics ;) I hope you like it :D -- and if ya'll need help with anything or need anything let me know!

RedHotDobe

aka RedHotBabe
I made up my own burger at Red Robin and it was delicious. Grilled chicken, egg, provolone, bacon, tomato, wrapped in lettuce. Oh yes.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
I was all prepared to just sit at home tonight and edit dog videos. I finished dinner and was thinking... well, maybe I'll drive to our sister city and look at their Wal-Mart for the Pikachu 3DS. While I'm there I'll go to the Meijer and see if they have one. And I'm arguing with myself because I'm like THEY WON'T HAVE ANY. EVERYWHERE IS SOLD OUT. YOU MISSED IT. And they are not just on THIS side of our sister city, they are on the OPPOSITE side. Farthest away from me. It's a WASTE of time to drive over there and they won't have anything and it's stupid.
Finally I decided fine, fine - I need to go to Meijer for groceries anyway, so okay, I'll drive ALL THE WAY over there, I'll look, they won't have any, I'll be all bummed out and I'll buy my apples and go home.

I went to Wal-Mart first. None of course. I picked up a couple things I needed. I leave to go to Meijer, but somehow get turned around (the Wal-Mart is seriously in the middle of nowhere over there so I forgot which way I needed to go.) So I end up on the opposite side of town and have to drive all the way BACK over to the other side of town AGAIN. And I ended up taking a slightly different route than I normally would, and it's dark so my bearings are just not quite right, and I'm driving around going "I'm ALMOST POSITIVE I'm going the right way. I think I know where I am. Yes, I know where I am. Yes, okay. This is right yes? I think this street goes all the way through. YES, there it is! Okay!!" And all this time I'm swearing because I'm driving around like a lunatic to go to a store that will not have what I want and I'm going to be depressed and also I REALLY HAVE TO PEE.

Finally get to Meijer. I park and the restrooms are right up front so I go pee first. This Meijer is all screwy, everybody from my town always talks about how we can't find ANYTHING at this Meijer, like the cheese is next to the ladies socks and the toys are next to the toothpaste and nothing makes any sense. I can't remember where electronics is. I start walking down an aisle and I'm about to grab some cheese and start grocery shopping and think "No, just find electronics, see they don't have any, be all mad, THEN go grocery shopping."

I spot the electronics counter! Okay! Where are the game cases? Oh, on that wall. I walk up to the game case. I'm scanning for the Nintendo DS case. I see it.
I look down at the bottom where the systems all sit.
I see a bright. yellow. box.

There was this bizarre mixture of OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD and "*sigh of relief*" and I'm ready to start jumping up and down and start skipping and maybe cry and OH MY GOD.

I go up to the counter and I'm totally trying to play it cool right? And the guy is like "Hey how can I help you?"
"Can I have one of those Pikachu 3DS systems?"
"Sure!" he says, and he unlocks the case, picks one up and hands it to me. "Do you want to check it out?"
I grab it and I'm TRYING to play it cool and I can't help it. "EEEEEEEEEEEEE" comes out of my mouth.
He turns his back to me to lock the cabinet and I can see he's smiling and sort of laughing at me.
I DO NOT CARE.

I bought it. I wish I had thought of it last week because they would have price matched Target's ad, but I didn't realize I was going to be SO disappointed without being able to get one... so I don't really care that it was $40 more than it would have been last week.

He gave me the bag and I was so excited I almost ran out of the store. I got outside and started freaking out, jumping around and screaming "KYAAAAAAAH!!! I GOT ONE!!! EEEEEEEEEEEE!" And people are staring and I'm running to my car where I promptly start beating on the steering wheel screaming and squealing some more and trying to decide WHO CAN I CALL AND SCREAM THROUGH THE PHONE AT THEM GUESS WHAT I JUST BOUGHT?

I completely forgot I wanted to buy groceries.

BUT THIS IS MINE NOW.

I AM SO HAPPY.

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
I've kind of sort of thought of what I'm going to do with my life...

... Well at least the next step.

ETA: And I have frozen Greek yogurt with a ton of fruit and I am happy about this.

CaliTerp07

Ahaha, Beanie, I laughed. I don't know what is special about that gizmo, but I do know the thrill of the hunt and the feeling of finding buried treasure when you locate whatever you were trying to purchase :)

Staff online

Members online