Our SABT Appraisal

pitbullpony

BSL Can Be Beaten
Held in Barrie Ontario, October 2, some pics from the event. We think we've found Dora's boyfriend.

Baxter'smybaby

swimming upstream
do they have different length crops on their tails? Interesting! What powerful looking dogs!

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
That last dog looks sooooo soft. Think he'd mind if I gave him a big hug? :p

Yeesh. Those are the straightest back legs I think I've ever seen on a dog o_O
Is that something you see a lot in the breed?

ravennr

ಥ⌣ಥ
They are such a powerful looking breed. I love the docks on them, it looks adorable to me (probably the opposite of what it should do LOL).

pitbullpony

BSL Can Be Beaten
Re: Docking -- supposedly so that baboons couldn't grab them by the tail; hmmm whatever. If left long; they don't tend to have happy tail; in fact they have very thick; solid tails. I like a dock (if it needed to be done -- not a reg. requirement) that just covers the anus; there is definitely too short and we've seen some lately that were 5/6 vertebrae; kind of interesting.

That lovely back end; just yuck; there are some serious politics in the breed; an appraisal is a senior appraisers - () + of each dogs points. That particular bitch was brought back this year to reappraise to hope to get a better score than last time; I hear she did. For some reason there is a few lines that seem to produce it; not sure what causes it; except for excusing crappy conformation in the parents.

I won't ever breed with/from something that is upright at all; no power from the back end with that kind of angulation.

Dora's future boyfriend (should she and he pass the health tests we require) is the red male with the white feet in the last 3 photos.

He has a cleaner head than Dora; tighter ligament/suspensory attachments; and is a little more buoyant in nature; she's matured into a very serious girlie; so we aren't looking to amp that up at all. He was handled by a young girl (12 maybe) with no problems; she's taken him to obedience classes and he is in training to be his owner's assistance dog. Nice, nice boy; top dog/male at this appraisal.

Pops2

is it me or does the brindle have a neo like haw to the eyes(little milder but still)?
really like the red boy & the heavy masked one right above him looks good in that shot.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
He has a cleaner head than Dora; tighter ligament/suspensory attachments; and is a little more buoyant in nature; she's matured into a very serious girlie; so we aren't looking to amp that up at all. He was handled by a young girl (12 maybe) with no problems; she's taken him to obedience classes and he is in training to be his owner's assistance dog. Nice, nice boy; top dog/male at this appraisal.
Wooo! They will make beautiful babies :p
I was wondering how old the handler is, that would be some pretty...unique clothing ensemble for an adult, lol.

pitbullpony

BSL Can Be Beaten
The brindle male was under consideration last year (he visited last year's appraisal as a pup) as a mate for Dora (he's 1/2 hour away and has decent bloodlines). However when we saw what he matured as; eeek. He had a bit of demodex as a puppy; he seems to have a chronic case of it now.

For Pops; yes, he is very heavily wrinkled, here's a pic of his dam; from the 2009 Appraisal;

The brindle boy's score was 83%; and his owner was told to bring him back when he matures (he is about 16 mos.).

Dora's brother scored an 90.7%, and was very much a favourite of the judges. Nice for Dora's breeder to have the Top Scoring Canadian-bred; since the Top Male/Dog is an import.

The top male; the red male with the white feet in the photos was also top dog (Middelpos Backdraft @ Ishamael) and he was 95, I think. I forgot to grab the numbers (I had plenty of time I drove the judges 4 hours back to their hotel), so I'm going to have to wait until they are posted online.

The top female was 86.5 (and I didn't get any photos of her; she was nice -- brindle and very tightly put together.)

Members online

No members online now.