Wondering what mix our new dog may be?

Here is a link to a picture of the dog we just adopted from the Humane Society... they thought that he was a Lab/Pit mix, but the more pictures I look at online I am not sure. We went to the neighborhood dog park and it was Boxer day there... his coloration was identical to several of the Boxers there...

If anyone can offer there best guess as to what mix Bruno is, I would appreciate it.

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c197/duaneleamer/DSCN0091.jpg

He is the sweetest, most gentle fellow and is a gigantic baby that just wants lovin' all the time.

Thanks

Baxter'smybaby

swimming upstream
welcome to chaz and congrats on your new guy. I thought Boxer when I looked at the picture as well--but I certainly am no expert! He is quite a handsome guy!

Izzy's Valkyrie

Very Food Agressive
Yeah, I definitely think there's some boxer in there. What a sweetie though! Welcome to chaz, you'll get all kinds of info on caring for your new family member here :)

Thanks for the welcome... the only small issue we have so far is with a little separation anxiety, but we are working through it...

Maxy24

Looks like a pit bull mix to me, he's beautiful! Maybe some Boxer in there, his ears don't look very pit bullish to me although that could come from several breeds. How large is he?

Thanks for all the responses so far...

He is about 73 pounds. Vet thinks that he is about 2 - 2.5 years old. He is about 24in tall at his shoulder.

Maxy24

Oh, well that's awfully big, much more than a pit bull, more than most Boxers even, perhaps a larger bully breed is in there, or just something large mixed with pittie.

bubbatd

What a lover !! I saw Boxer and pittie in the first picture , but his length makes me wonder what else is there . Regardless , welcome and enjoy !

eddieq

Silence! I ban you!
Staff member
I know what kind of dog he is - he's 100% purebred cutie pie puppy wuppy.

Maybe some kind of hound in there, though? His profile makes me think of my brother in law's Treeing Walker Coonhound.

MicksMom

A lot of breeds have brindle coloring- Pits, Boxers, Great Danes, Mastiffs, Bullmastiffs and Greyhounds/Whippets/Italian Greyhounds come to mind right away (although I think Danes, Mastiffs or Bullmastiffs areonly solid brindle- no white). His head says Pit not Boxer to me. And his size is right for a Lab, especially a male. This time, I'd say the shelter was right- Pit/Lab. There could be something else in there, too. He's a gorgeous fellow. Good luck with your new guy!

Members online

No members online now.