Yogurt for breakfast?

Roxy's CD

Roxy was diagnosed with very mild HD a couple of weeks ago. As a result she's on 1000mg of chondroitin/glucosomine a day.

Our routine is as soon as she gets up in the morning, before she even goes out she takes her two pills and got a handful of treats for being so good.

Well, a week ago we upped her to the two pills (I was only giving her one to start her off). Her poops have gotten softer and I'm worried that their upsetting her stomach (chondroitin/glucosomine is known to do this to people as well)

So my vet said to give her a small meal with the pills. The problem is Roxy is free fed and she does not eat much. But she LOVES strawberry yogurt. Is a half a cup or a full cup of yogurt ok for a dog to have once a day?

Mordy

Quigleyfied
It sure won't hurt. :) If it has to be flavored yogurt, make sure you look at the extra ingredients and don't use anything that has artificial flavors or sweeteners.

Organic yogurt with live cultures has extra benefits. :)

Roxy's CD

I got the special Omega 3 one. It's a BioBest by Astro I believe?

The only thing that looked fishy was the "modified corn starch".

Everything else looked ok to my untrained eye! LOL

I just got some plain yogurt with live cultures for the girls...they love it and it helps mask the taste of the garlic they eat.

Mordy

Quigleyfied
Corn starch is harmless, unless a particular dog is allergic or sensitive to corn. :) So no worries.

Members online

No members online now.