Neva and Gunnar's visitor (pics)

Adrienne

I am dog sitting for my mom right now, her Caucasian Ovcharka Katya so I thought I would share some pics of her. I think she is just gorgeous :D but I am partial. She is considered an "elite gaurdian" type of dog, kind of like Renee's Fila's but she is a sweetheart to us. Anyways here are the pics!

nedim

Very elegant looking! Do you know where the dog originates from?

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Gunner looks like he is taking taking careful note of his queen's instructions...Wow what a dog!!!!! Thanks for sharing!

bogolove

She has a very majestic and all knowing look about her. She is just gorgeous. I have never heard of that breed before. Are they common here in the U.S.? With that coat, she definitely looks like she needs a colder climate to be happy.

She is absolutely stunning.

Barb04

Super Moderator
I have to agree that they are good guardians like the Filas, Anatolians, etc...

necterine0

Second time i have heard of this breed today. First time was on another thread something about people fighting dog's on another forum, And i wondered what they looked like. Then i saw your post w/ pic's Thanks for sharing. They are gorgeous.

oriondw

user not active
bogolove said:
She has a very majestic and all knowing look about her. She is just gorgeous. I have never heard of that breed before. Are they common here in the U.S.? With that coat, she definitely looks like she needs a colder climate to be happy.

She is absolutely stunning.

Around 500 total in states.

They endure hot weather much better then most breeds as well as not being cute cuddly bears :)

Appearences can be misleading.

Adrienne

Actaully Katya doesn't fair so well in the heat and perfers to lay inside in the air conditioning when it is hot. I know it is that she can't handle the heat because left to her own devices she would perfer to stay outside all the time if she is comfortable.

There are only a small number in the U.S., not only because they are super expensive but also because there are only a few select breeders who have a long waiting list and a huge application process you need to go through first.

With their families and people who are properly introduced the CO is a big teddybear but don't EVER approach one without the owner being in control of the dog because they could do some serious damage to a person.

Katya came from ThunderHawks Caucasians and her AKC name is ThunderHawks Finnish Princess Katya, she just turned three years. They also spay/neuter before the pups are sent to their new homes to prevent the breed from being mixed.

Here is another good website to check out, ThunderHawks is the only breeder recommended on their ethical breeder list!

http://www.ovcharka-breeds.com/THC8.htm

Ethical Caucasian Mountain Dog Breeders:

Tamara and Gabe Orbegozo

ThunderHawk Caucasians
...The Guardian Elite
340 County Route 13
Richville, NY 13681-3152

oriondw

user not active
Our dog are somewhat of litter mates :)

My pup is a year and a half younger but we got him from the same breeder.

Im surprised that she cant handle the heat though. We live in florida and my guy does great even in midday heat in the summer.

Yeah, never approach a caucasian from behind or without warning the owner. That can and will put most caucasians into protection mode.
Doing that is a very poor life choice ;)

Members online

No members online now.