The Official "What are you reading" Thread

Just read a book by one of the writers in our group, The Big Book of Dan: Road Alligators and Other Incongruous Possibilities. I alternated between laughing -- literally out loud and thinking, "no sh1t."

But I've got Jack Cady's anthology, The Night They Buried Road Dog[, Patricia McKillip's The Forgotten Beasts of Eld, Sex at Dawn -- loaned to me by Bob all going as well as the Joseph Campbell books and 78 Degrees of Wisdom.

I'm reading in pieces, in between manic all night bouts of writing. :wall:

Saeleofu

currently alternating between "Doctor Who and Philosophy," "Doctor Who and the Doomsday Weapon," and "Dotor Who: The Shooting Scripts" with emphasis on the philosophy book. It's really fascinating <3

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
The Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide...again :D

Hoping it will keep me busy until payday when I can buy the next Song of Fire and Ice book.

Miakoda

I always forget about this thread, I just started Lone Wolf by Jodi Picoult, and just finished Sarah's Key by Tatiana de Rosnay
Let me know how you like it. I've heard mixed results, but I would like to read it anyway (I just haven't wanted to spend the money on it yet).

However, I really liked My Sister's Keeper (one of the best books ever IMO), and I also liked The Pact.

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
Vonnegut!! All of them! :p

So far I have read Bluebeard and I am almost done with Hocus Pocus. I am alternating Vonnegut with Ultimate Hitchhiker's guide, cause I'm awesome.

Cthulhu7

Mitch & Erin
I just got done with a big sci fi kick. The ender series, starship troopers, dune. I'm about to try and read the last ring bearer, again.

K

Kaydee

I just finished Michael Moore's autobiography. If you enjoy his movies you won't be able to put the book down. Also discovered a whole bunch of books put out by Mental Floss. It's a magazine I discovered at the library one day and I'm hooked. All kinds of lists and nerdy trivia...kind of like reading nachos, NOMNOMNOM

Miakoda

I've read sooo much in the past two weeks, I don't even remember everything. I did read the latest Sookie Stackhouse book. :D

I just bought A Game of Thrones.

yoko

I've read sooo much in the past two weeks, I don't even remember everything. I did read the latest Sookie Stackhouse book. :D

I just bought the 4 book collection from Barnes and Noble.

But I got side tracked and I'm reading The Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide.

nikkiluvsu15

Wild At Heart
Nothing right now, but I'm going to start the "O'Malley" series by Dee Henderson soon. I really need something to read... I'm getting so bored! lol

stafinois

Professional Nerd
I just finished Room by Emma Donoghue. I liked it a lot more than I expected to.

I just started it. I think the series has gotten stale, but I still want to see what Sookie's up to.

Best. Series. Ever.

K

Kaydee

Two-first one fiction second one not...

The Possibility of You-three women in three different generations confronting parenthood and freedom of choice. It pulls you right in.

Soldier Dogs-the lives of service dogs through training and into combat...obviously they can't take dogs that react strongly to noise and gunfire...hubby said Soph could hear a jeep backfiring and she'd have a puppy heart attack...takes a way special kind of dog to do that job.

eddieq

Silence! I ban you!
Staff member
I'm working on the 6th "Body Farm" novel by Jefferson Bass. It's titled "The Bone Yard". I like the writing style. Very easy to read and also keeps my attention.

Members online

No members online now.