Ack!

puppydog

Tru evil has no pantyline
Due to some sniffing around on her part, I was contacted by a woman today regarding Ben. She said she found out (you know how the grapevine is in the show world) that Chifafas Timothy (Ben) is being rehomed to Cape Town.
She is very keen to breed her bitch to him as soon as he arrives!
My little Ben is coming to me because he has an undecended testicle and his current owner/breeder does not want him in his lines.
Not only that but he is 1.5 years old. When I told her all of this she just said "that doesn't matter".

It is no wonder his breeder warned me about her and told me to keep away from her at all costs. I assured him I am not breeding Ben and he will be neutered at 2. But the nerve! :mad:

Lilavati

Arbitrary and Capricious
You aren't alone. My mother was stalked by a dachshund breeder for years who wanted to breed to her bitch, Mocky. Mocky was a VERY good dachshund, from very good lines, and we'd gotten her on the agreement she would not be fixed, because her breeder wanted access to her. But we'd be warned about this guy: that Mocky's breeder didn't want her dogs crossed with his. Ever. And he would not leave us alone. This went on for years, with him calling every few months.

When we found out Mocky had had back problems, he popped up again. Not only did Mom tell him that she had said no, meant no, and the answer was still NO, she told him that Mocky had developed back problems and would not be bred . . . and he STILL wanted to breed to her! He only went away when Mom told him that Mocky had been spayed.

Some of these people are so despirate to breed to certain lines that they will harass anyone with a dog of those lines it seems.

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
Wow... oddly enough I've had 2 people come up to me on multiple occasions wanting to breed their Bitches with Bamm. First off... he's a mixed breed (Border Collie/Sheltie/Lab and whatever else)... second of all he's neutered... but they don't seem to notice that it seems.

Anyways... I told one guy that he was a mixed breed and he said, "oh that doesn't matter... I just thought with as unique as he looks he and my bitch would make some cool looking puppies." He was persistent until I finally said, "dude... my dog has no balls and even if he did there's no way they're going to be clanking up against your bitch EVER so back off."

The second guy that confronted me about breeding Bamm I told him right away that Bamm was neutered and there was no way. This guy had a GSD he wanted to breed to Bamm. The nerve of people.

oh but then there was the time when someone asked to buy Bamm from me... ummm NO WAY! seriously... I just don't get it sometimes

R

RedyreRottweilers

Honestly, I am not looking so forward to Milton growing up, because I know I will end up declining some bitches, and probably not making friends in the process.

IF he is bred it will be very selectively. Standing a dog makes me even more nervous than breeding a bitch and placing puppies because you have no control over where the puppies go.

ACooper

*shakes head*

Some people (a LOT of people) will always attempt to get what they want when they want it no matter the cost to others.........

At least your breeder warned you so you knew exactly what this person was like ;)

The people that think they can just buy what ever they want, the "everything is for sale, for the right amount of money" kind of people, just **** me off. There are many things in my life that are, not now, and will never be, for sale. I get pretty hostile when people won't take NO for an answer.

puppydog

Tru evil has no pantyline
Even if they had not warned me I will not breed a dog with an undecended testicle. I was just so annoyed with her. He is from immaculate lines and he is a STUNNING dog but he has a fault, he will not be bred! Finished!

The fact that she is happy to breed with a juvinile male also worries me. I told her right where to get off. I was NOT nice and did not mince my words. She apprently has a very inferior bitch she aquired from the UK and uses the fact that she is "imported" as a draw card. My boy would not cover her bitch even if he did have two testicles fully decended. I will not muddy the lines of this breed, they are SO rare here in SA!

People just never give up sometimes. I was asked at our state fair if I would breed my Sheltie to their golden/gsd mix. Never mind the fact that my sheltie is way over sized and neutered and their dog was a male. They wouldn't stop and persisted that I breed my dogs with their. They finally quit when I called them an idiot, in a not so friendly manner, and walked away. Keep in mind I was only about 15 at the time. What kind of scum asks an unknown youth walking through the fair to breed their dog.

Members online

No members online now.