wish me luck

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
one five year old grrlchild, one six month old boy baby. one old dog and one hyperactive pointer..an approaching storm, heat and mosquitos, two rolls of film..a dead battery that halts all process while a quick run to first k-mart and then radio shack...all in my attempt to get a holiday pic. I will drive over and pay for them in a half hour, with loads..and tons of luck, i might have gotten one. Victor in doors will hold a bumper, pose, freeze but outside...........birds and squirrels, grass and breeze, heat and oh good grief i gave up on him completely. Soon as i had everyone where i wanted them to be the mosquitoes came in droves, the heat came up from the ground..and we all bailed. Hope the next holiday i have some kind of indoor light set up.

necterine0

Mary reminds me of an old nanny dog, there to guard and take care of the kids..As for Vic he just wants to go play...lol

Love all the pic's ...sweet little grandkid's you have there

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
thanks for the compliment..and oh yeah, Vic thinks we got rocks in our heads for sitting outside, outside is for PLAY! so much for the flag bumper as a prop :D

Attachments

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
That last pic is priceless! LOL

Those are some wonderful pics....your dogs and the little ones are sooo cute!!

Barb04

Super Moderator
Oh Smkie, what a great job you did on the pics! Everyone looks like that had a good time even if the mosquitos did come out. Happy 4th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
in all these years, all the pics i have taken of mary, i have never seen her laff. Smile yeah, but not like this...she is truly laffing, her eyes are crinkled up.and the whole thing was just out of control..everyone was getting the giggles at my pitiful attempts to organize..this was worth every bit of the work it took..to see my mary laff. I count our days as even more precious then before, she is aging so fast. When we got back from the dog park this time she was so sore she had to have help up and down, and that night i carried her to bed. Today she was back to running a bit. I don't know if i should take her anyway because her times are so limited..even tho she is sore after, i know it would break her heart to be left at home. I know that her laffing pic isn't very clear blown up that big, but i am so happy to have this. She is such a magnificant old woman, and i tell her every morning and every night how lucky i am to be her mom.

bubbatd

Oh, Smkie, those were great !!!! and on top of that you took time to post Bubba 4th !!!! Thanks, dear girl!!! How old is Mary ?

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
im not really sure anymore exactly how old she is..i think 12..at least my brother has her sister and he says 12..or did he say that last year, i try real hard not to think of the years..Jim was always the one that kept track of dates and births and such..i keep track of what needs to be done each day and that is enuff to make me crazy. So 12 is probably about right. Her back hock, not the hip is shot, and i notice the other one is starting to do the same..she is on arthritis medicine and i watch her weight (much to her great annoyance) like a hawk. losing 10 pounds helped her more then anything and gave her a much more mobility..She really could lose a little more, but if i feed her any less i think she would completely revolt. AS it is the vet says her weight is perfect and she looks just fine, she said her heart sounds fantastic so we will keep our fingers crossed and i will take the very best care of her i can. A good hot soak in the tub on her hard days seems to bring her great relief as well. (me too!)

Smkie, the way you talk about your dogs makes me smile the same way as when you are talkin about your kids an gkids. Give Mary a good ear scratching or belly rub for me.

I just want to say I love your pictures i think they are fantastic. And people say dogs dont have expressions! :D The one where Mary is laughing is fabulous. I hope my puppy shadow looks as happy as mary does when she is that age. Everyone looks sooooo happy in those pics. :)

Members online

No members online now.