Any red flags with this?

Just wondering if anyone see's anything that looks "scammish" to them.
I am a history nerd who has always had a fascination with the holocaust. Particularity the Mengele Twins and others who have survived his madness. I remembered visiting the CANDLES (Children of Auschwitz Deadly Nazi Lab Experiments) when I was younger and decided to check their webpage. I have found out the lady who started the museum (a survivor herself) has started taking people back to Poland and Romania. Specifically the camp. Heres the Brochure: http://www.candlesholocaustmuseum.org/sites/default/files/Auschwitz%202014%20Info%20Packet%20%202-2014-%20Modified.pdf I feel terrible not 100% trusting her, but I want to see if any of you guys see any red flags. Thanks.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
I don't see any... in fact, she is quite well known, a bit of an inspiration of mine really so I am quite biased.

She did an AMA on reddit recently if you'd like to read more: http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/1xt5bb/iama_survivor_of_medical_experiments_performed_on (she mentions the tours)

She has a book which I've read and honestly I've never doubted her story and she has been verified by quite a few sources and I've heard her speak of these tours.
While the brochure isn't exactly graphically pleasant, I wouldn't doubt the tour or the woman behind it at all.

Just my 2 cents.

GipsyQueen

I honestly don't see any red flags. Auschwitz is an interesting, but also rather emotional and chilling experiance (esp. if you had relatives who were there).

The only thing that I find odd is that price is extremly high, though I guess since it's a guided tour... I think if you did the trip on your own you'd save about 1000$..

I didn't read the whole brochure but I wanted to pop in and say that I've been to the CANDLES Museum, I live very close, and have met Eva a couple of times in person. She's a cool lady, full of stories! I love learning about the Holocaust and most WWII era things. I would totally go to Auschwitz with her. I think it would be very educational.

Jules

Magic, motherf@%$*#!
I honestly don't see any red flags. Auschwitz is an interesting, but also rather emotional and chilling experiance (esp. if you had relatives who were there).

The only thing that I find odd is that price is extremly high, though I guess since it's a guided tour... I think if you did the trip on your own you'd save about 1000$..
This. I've been there (and to Theresienstadt) and I think doing a tour like that would be very hard emotionally. I don't think I was prepared for how devastating it is to visit KZs.

I didn't read the whole brochure but I wanted to pop in and say that I've been to the CANDLES Museum, I live very close, and have met Eva a couple of times in person. She's a cool lady, full of stories! I love learning about the Holocaust and most WWII era things. I would totally go to Auschwitz with her. I think it would be very educational.
The cost is worth it to hear her story. I don't want to just wander around an historical site and have a guide drone on about it.

Where do you live at? My dad was born in Napanee (sp?) and my grandparents (grandad deceased) lived in that neighborhood in Indiana that was blown up a few years ago.

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
This is probably totally unrelated... Completely. But on this subject has anyone heard of oradour? Not sure why this sparked memories of it, but I visited here as a child and vividly remember walking round the village... Very moving.

Sorry, tangent.

Where do you live at? My dad was born in Napanee (sp?) and my grandparents (grandad deceased) lived in that neighborhood in Indiana that was blown up a few years ago.
I live about 45 minutes from Terre Haute - where the CANDLES Museum is located. I think Nappanee is a good distance from here. Like 3+ hours.

Members online

No members online now.