Flea & Tick prevention

Gypsydals

At our clinic the policy is that prescription meds cannot be given out unless we have seen the animal in the past year. We give out Frontline to anyone, but not other stuff.
Darn, I admit I'm being cheap, but I dont' want to pay $35.00 office visit per animal, when they don't need to go to the vet.

monkeys23

$35 is not much money and its good for them to get a checkup once a year, just like its good for us to visit the gp annually even if we think we're healthy.

My vet charges $46 for an annual. And their med prices are cheaper than 1800Petmeds lol.

Gypsydals

$35 is not much money and its good for them to get a checkup once a year, just like its good for us to visit the gp annually even if we think we're healthy.

My vet charges $46 for an annual. And their med prices are cheaper than 1800Petmeds lol.
And no $35.00 is not alot of money but when you times it by 3 its getting up there, even before the meds.
The problem is they have had their yearly check up this past Jan/Feb. But new area means new vet. And I hate spending money on unnecessary things. Which going to the vet for an annual when they have already have had one this year qualifies as that. Just as going to the dr twice a year for the same thing.

Saeleofu

And no $35.00 is not alot of money but when you times it by 3 its getting up there, even before the meds.
The problem is they have had their yearly check up this past Jan/Feb. But new area means new vet. And I hate spending money on unnecessary things. Which going to the vet for an annual when they have already have had one this year qualifies as that. Just as going to the dr twice a year for the same thing.
You may be able to convince them to give it to you if you fax records over. Or if your dogs are all the same size, take one and share the meds ;)

Members online

No members online now.