Grooming for GSDs?

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
Well, my mom is INSISTING that before her big party that ALL THE DOGS must go to the groomer

charlie, her bichon frise, of course loves the groomer and benefits from it, he gets a wash, blowdry, cut, fluff, and a bandana of course lol

i think they do a pretty good job with him and i know what to ask for when i bring him

as for kenya..

shes a GSD and i have no idea what to do when i bring her. should i ask them just to wash her? does she need to be blowdried? Would they be able to brush her and do some kind of de shedding thing?

her nails are black, do you think they could paint them anyway?

corgipower

Tweleve Enthusiest
Washing and blow-drying and brushing is standard for a GSD. Shedding out can also be done, usually costs extra.

Toller_08

When we had our Rottweilers, whenever we got them groomed, they always got a bath, brush, and blow dry. I'd imagine that's what a GSD would get as well. :)

sprintime

I always get a bath, blow dry and good brushing. It removes so much hair that won't fall in the house. This is usually standard procedure for all Shepherds.

Put her in the car, put some smelly flower stuff on her, and bring her home. Save the money, and no one will know the difference! Unless that blowing coat thing is happening ;)

I gotta say the beauty of having a working dog like a GSD is all you need to do is brush them once and while. Blow dry? paint nails? I think all that washing dries the skin and all the anti itch shampoos are just to make the people feel better about doing it. Everyone comments how my dogs don't smell like dogs and their breath doesn't stink so I gotta be doing something right.

Members online

No members online now.