My stuff

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
Here is some of the art I have done. The most recent are at the bottom. The image quality is so bad cause it's from my cell phone and the lighting sucks her. Not sure if I showed this to you guys so here goes:

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
So you can do this and calculus too? hats off gurl, great works all of them. How did you do your mirror work? The scuptures and wood carvings are a blast..your fish is incredible and the moth is glorius,,(i ama moth fan) thanks for sharing with me :) :) :)

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
Thanks guys! :D

smkie said:
So you can do this and calculus too? hats off gurl, great works all of them. How did you do your mirror work? The scuptures and wood carvings are a blast..your fish is incredible and the moth is glorius,,(i ama moth fan) thanks for sharing with me
Thanks Smkie! I always try to fit in one art class because it helps me relax a little and take a break from all the AP classes and that. To bad next year I can't take one, I don't have any room at all inmy schedule! :(

The glass etching I did with the school's etching machine. It blows the sand/chemical stuff at a high powered hose onto the glass, but before that I have to put contact paper on the glass and cut out the area's I want blasted.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
that is how i did my etching as well..i found that contact brand white contact paper held just as well as the etching film and i could get much finer cuts..i like it much better then the acid etch. i did that for a living for a few years. Always be careful to use a vapor mask..the first one i did they gave me a pollen mask and i was blasting with straight sand..my lungs felt like they had gained 10 lbs when i finished and everytime the doc listens to my breathing they spend a long time on one side..gee i wonder why....you must have a heck of a good art department. The kc schools have cut back so badly now that art class is practically nill. I have thought a bit of teaching but i can't keep up with my family now..maybe in the future someday. A class with someone like you would be all the reward i would ever need. I prayed my children would have the desire but neither did...and it doesn't look to be Hyia's cup a tea either..two more grandchildren coming..cross your fingers for me for i have so much to give and no one that is interested. btw gurl..i only knew of one person that could do mathmatic and have artisitic ability. That is quite a head you have on your shoulders..i am in awe, take good care of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
Thanks! The machine is totally covered and closed while blasting and then we have to wait a bit for the stuff to settle before opening the case to get our picture. I have never even smelt any of the sand/chemical mix stuff before so I don't think there will be a problem with me breathing it in. :rolleyes:

Our art department is lucky. They have been cutting down on sports, music, and a little on art, but so many people join art that they can't really take it away totally.

My fingers are crossed that one of your grandchildren will have that artistic gene! ;)

My sister is a LOT better at Art than I am, but I still hang in there. She has such an artistic ability it is just amazing! And she is also good at math, but I excell a bit more in english than her. I've been told before that being good at math and art is pretty rare, but I don't know why. I'm guessing it has to do with the way of thinking? Like creative/imaginative thinking vs. statistical/practical thinking. I don't know, but I will take care of my noggin. :p

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
there is a book Thinking from the right side of the brain or something like that where they explain how it works. I am a spacial thinker..i can see the whole and understand how it is put together where a mathmatician thinks with the left side and is more of a liner thinker. People are usually one side or the other..and believe me am i ever right brained..emotional, good memory, image imprinted, but oh my the left must just be broken. WHen i went thru my perimedic training and we had to do the three step algebraic equation where you break down the apothicary to the metric, i simply couldn't retain it. It was the first time i had ever tried to learn something and completely failed. I could memorize the drugs and procedures..my teacher asked me if i had a photographic memory..said he would have thought i cheated if he hadn't watched me take the test (i always sat in front) said he took out the books and i had written the procedures word for word..then came that dang math problem. OMG i tried so hard and couldn't. I cant pull up phone numbers and mess up time lines. Anything with numbers just gets scrambled. I have a huge ego and that really made me feel low. I had two years of college trying to obtain this and it was like a big brick wall i couldn't get past no matter how hard i tried. I had two children really counting on their mom obtaining a good job too so the stakes were very high. I had to drop. I wouldn't want to be out in the field and make a mistake that would cost someone their health.

gapeach

Big Mutts
Wow Babyblue you are very talented. I especially love the dog and cat. Did Lucas pose for that? I really like the rose too. All are great. :D

Your etching work is very good. In some places etching can pay well , might be something to specialize in if it is looked for in your area,

Superb talent! I'd guess your one whose left and right brain functions are about equal - Smkie's absolutely right - you'd better take care of that noggin - it's a good 'un, and we need more of those in this world!

Swiftwind

Harley & Abby
Your artwork is amazing, and you have used such a variety of materials! :) I really love the second painting, of the butterfly on the flower, it's really pretty! Have you thought of selling any of your pieces?

I had to carve wood in an artclass two years ago, and as I was carving I looked away for a split second and in that time my right hand (the one I was using to carve the wood) slipped and cut my other hand. I though "Oh no, this didn't just happen, did it?" and I thought my left hand would be fine because it all happened really quickly, but then I looked down at it and I had a giant slice starting at the side from the base of my first finger, all the way around to the inside of my palm. I was really worried to tell my teacher because she kept reminding everyone to be really careful. So, I hesitently went up to her, covering my cut so she couldn't see how bad it was, and told her that I had cut my hand, so she gave me a bandaid. I went back to my desk and put the bandaid on but it wouldn't stick because so much blood was coming out. So, I had to go back to her, and I was really shaking from shock and said "Umm.. Umm.. the bandaid won't stay on" then my teacher looked at my cut and went really quiet and was like "Ok, go to the nurses office" I couldn't stop crying because I thought I had cut a vein in my hand, but luckily I had *just* missed it, and for that reason I couldn't get stitches, but god that cut was so painful. I haven't carved wood since then! :D

Members online