Whats the attraction with labradoodles?

Dekka

Just try me..
LOL Dan (and I have missed you and Gunner and Daisy and hmmm umm the other one....)

Maybe they should be.. but none of the nice ones I meet look like dobes underneath, they don't jump nor move like one either.

lizzybeth727

Maybe they should be.. but none of the nice ones I meet look like dobes underneath, they don't jump nor move like one either.
Hmm, now that you mention it.... There's a standard poodle in my agility class who runs and jumps just like a dobe, kinda built like one too. How interesting! No wonder I'm in love with that dog. :)

Welcome back, Dan!

yoko

I couldn't agree more!! I have ALWAYS loved Yoshi's scruffy, not "over groomed" look. I wish that I could get Sophie to look that that but her hair is quite light and fluffy and when I brush her out I loose it.
Love me some YOSHI!!!!!
Lol and I've liked sophies it looks a little more poodle to me. I love standard poodles. Is she hard to groom? That's the only thing about poodles that makes me kinda nervous

Bigpoodleperson

Megan and Draco
I have heard many people (esp doberman people) say how close dobermans and poodles are in look and alot in temperament too. Maybe thats why i absolutely Love both breeds! It is very interesting for me to hear how others view poodles as stand-offish and aloof when out. I could very much see it with some. They dont have that lab friendly attitude, but thats what i like. Riley is a therapy dog and extreamly friendly. He just wont be all in your face about it though.

Dakotah

Kotah BEAR
I hate it when anyone calls a breed ugly, many don't appeal to me but not a dog alive do I consider ugly ... I don't think Foster is Ugly... and he does not shed a lick, I know many do, but he simply does not...

As a Pup:

Adult, Full Coat:

Adult, Shaved:

Goofy, funny, smart, friendly, loving to a fault... I know why people love them...

I know I'm late to this thread but OHMYGOODNESS that is the most adorable puppy I EVER seen. Hands down.

LauraLeigh

Yeah, he looked like a Teddy Bear.. LOL

I should say, we don't know 100% for sure that he is a doodle, he is a rescue whose Dam was found hungry and stray while pregnant....

But, not much doubt really!!!!

The lady who rescued his Mom was not sure what she would be getting....

MericoX

Roos, Poos, & a Wog!
The last shaved pic of Foster makes me think Saluki (just the cut).

I don't see why people have so many problems with poodles either... that they need to be "fixed" my mixing other breeds with them.

sammgirl

ACoops favorite
I guess just different strokes for different folks.

I was attacked when I was 6 by a big, black standard poodle and I've yet to see a poodle and not get nervous around them. YES it is my hang up, I admit.

Other then that, they're pretty dogs and I can see why people enjoy them. My mom loves poodles, but wouldn't want to keep one in show coat.

lizzybeth727

I don't see why people have so many problems with poodles either... that they need to be "fixed" my mixing other breeds with them.
I don't think any breed is "perfect," and I don't think that people make new breeds in order to "fix" old breeds. But if your purpose of breeding labradoodles is to make a "non shedding dog with a lab temperment," isn't it better to mix breeds rather than just breeding poodles to have non-poodle temperments?

Members online

No members online now.