Puppy found by dumpster

Melissa_W

How sad! I'm glad you found her though.

I'm not sure if your mom would be okay with it, but I know a lot of rescues around here would allow you to foster the dog until a permanent home could be found. That means they would pay for all her expenses. You just have to give her shelter and love!

I hope everything works out. Keep us updated.

short1216

Just an update....I have great news, I'm going to be able to keep Steeda after all. My dad and his wife have been asking me to move in with them for awhile now, so that someone is with my dad during the day (he is very ill). I havent agreed because I too have a myriad of health problems and we are both bi-polar, so sometimes we feed off each other and that's usually not a good thing. I 've always felt horrible about saying no because I know I have a responsibility to him but I also didn't know if I could handle...well, basically watching him die everyday. I have been visiting him alot more often in the last month and I always, always bring the dogs with me. He is so happy to see them and for the time Im there it seems like he forgets about everything thats going on. We talked about me moving in again the other day. I decided to accept this time since his wife isnt there too often and he is alone more. They extended the invitation to both dogs as well!!! Roush is so happy and Steeda has herself a very loving permanent home!..... I will post some pics soon.

joce

What a cute pup!

Oddly enough my pound has had basenjis in,I just figured like with all the other small breeds they get in there are just some byb's of them around here.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I am glad you were able to keep her. She has been through enough to suffer through yet another seperation from the one good person she now has in her life. Thumbs up for your folks! Hope to see more pics soon.

Baxter'smybaby

swimming upstream
good luck to you--nice to know the dogs are welcome at your dad's--and maybe you and the dogs will bring him some joy in this difficult situation.

Members online

No members online now.