Toilet roll tubes.....

As a child I used to call empty toilet roll tubes "doot doots", because I used to put them to my mouth and make that noise down them.

Well the other day I finished some toilet roll and had one of these tubes, so I turned to shadow, put it against my mouth and said "doot doot" down the tube......well she went mental! tail waging, bouncing, i've never seen her like it! now all I have to do is form a tube like shape with my hand and make that noise, and she stops whatever shes doing and goes mental. I can even do it with out my hands, it works better than "come here", all i do is say "doot doot" and she flies over to me, its bizzare. Yesterday we were out walking and usually she comes when I call her anyway, but I said "doot doot" thinking, she's not listen, just carry on sniffing, walking, etc, but it worked again, she flew over to me started jumping up, which she rarely does, and tried to lick my face. Bizzare!

Any of you ever experienced anything like that? If any of you have pups, you should try it, its mental........

Barb04

Super Moderator
How funny. I haven't tried that one yet.

I took a pic of Max with my camera cell phone, and Max went crazy when it made the noise of taking the picture.

It's funny how things we don't think will crate a reaction from them does.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
lol well I just tried that with Teddy and he just looked at me like "Lady YOU are insane" lol and i felt a little crazy too lol nothing like sitting here by yourself making strange noises at your dog lol

Dreeza

rofl, i am going to try that with oakley...

i always howl back at him, whenver he howls at me...sometimes he gets all excited...other times...he has the same reaction that Teddy has with sparks, lol

nedim

OMG, it works!!!lol. I tried it today and it completely got peanuts attention. She was kind of cautious approaching it though.lol

Buckshot

Coyote howlers are always a treat to huff on in canine rich enviroments. I think I make every dog in Las Animas Colorado go into a howling frenzy when I break that out at night. They really go nuts when I imitate an injured yote.

Dreeza

ok, oakley just totally ignored me :(

what i do sometimes is go "dooooooooooooo" starting really low, then getting really high pitched, like a door squeak or what not...

its sooo cute cuz he will be sitting in front of me, and cocks his head when get all high pitched, ill do it over and over, and he does it every time, hehe

bogolove

Brady likes to steal the toilet roll tubes and eat them. He also steals paper towels and toilet paper to try to eat that also. It is very strange, but he is so proud of himself when he can gobble something down before I get a hold of it. :rolleyes:

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Yes teddy is the great bathroom caper lol he always steals the empty cardboard rolls out of the garbage lol we will be sitting here and all of a sudden he will come flying out of the bathroom and run to his room and get in his crate lol so i have to go after him and take it away lol he thinks he's sneaky lol and he thinks its a game and its fun lol.

Members online