Update on Amira's health...

nicco

Wolfpack
Well guys...I have good news and bad news.

I'll start with the good news.
Amira doesn't have cancer (I was so reliefed when I found out).We were told friday to come back tuesday for the blood results and to speak to another doctor who really knows her bussiness,coz they didn't think it was cancer.So I told my brother to go with Amira.He did,yesterday,and the doctor told him that it isn't cancer..then she guided my brother to a surgeon and he told my brother "I know what's wrong with your dog...I really do?" and then towards the other doctor "Do you know what's wrong with it?Coz I DO!" LOL (my brother told me that he was kind of nuts :D).And it turned out that Amira had a problem with the thyroid gland...And he said that a surgery is needed..
So today we operated Amira...

Now the bad news is (but I think it's normal) that she isn't herself,she isn't feeling very good (obviously...).She lost a lot of blood,she didn't eat anything coz she wasn't alowed.She drank water...and I think that's good.She swallowed slowly..but I think that it hurts..the operation..right?I really hope she'll recover real soon.Tomorrow she's going again to the vet becoz her operation needs to be drained..We have to give her antibiotics and food just a little bit and often...
I feel sorry for her coz she has such a sad face...
But I'm soooooooooooooooo reliefed that she hasn't got cancer!I was soo happy when I found out :D

Kiss Kiss
Nicco

nedim

Thats excellent news Nicco! I'm glad Amira is ok and I too am relieved that its not cancer. Give Amira a hug for me!

showpug

I am so happy to hear that Amira recieved the treatment that she needed. Be patient, surgery takes a while and they can be very depressed for a few days after surgery. She probably has some pain and is drugged up a bit. I hope she has a fast recovery and is back to her old self soon! Keep us posted and thanks for the update. :)

Doberluv

Ditto! That is such a relief that it is not cancer. I know you must be happy. Oh...and yes.....surgery takes a while to feel better. That's quite an invasive and stressful thing to the body. She'll be OK....just follow the doctor's orders.

Hugs!

Yay, Nicco! Great news that Amira doesn't have cancer! I'm glad that things worked out for you and you can finally have a sense of relief!! Kisses to Amira!

I was almost afraid to read this. Held my breath until I got through the "bad" news, lol! [SIGH OF RELIEF] :D

It may take Amira two or three weeks to start to feel like herself again, Nicco. Just make sure she gets plenty of rest and doesn't try to overdo it. Give her a big kiss on the snoot for me and tell her I am so relieved and happy that she is going to be fine.

Dakotah_2009

OOO YEA SHHHAKE IT!!
Great news...glad she don't have cancer!!! But I hope she gets well soon, and feels a heck of a lot better than she does now. GET WELL SOON NICCO, AND STAY STRONG!

nicco

Wolfpack
Thanks for your replies guys!She is doing much better...
Well..she is getting the best out of this..cos she knows that each time she had an operation (she had 3 till now...and I hope that this was the last one) she was acting so spoiled and everything...like today...she didn't want the regular food she eats..when I put the food in front of her she looked at it like "excuuuuse me...but I don't think so..." LOL
So I had to prepare something tasty to our patient.She almost ate the whole bowl LOL

And grammy...I would looooooove a popcicle and Amira wouldn't say "NO" either

Thanks guys for your concern

Kiss Kiss
Nicco

Barb04

Super Moderator
Nicco, I'm so relieved that Nicco is on her way to good health. Pamper that little big girl as much as she needs it. I want to send her big hugs and kisses from me & CJ, Max, Kona, Tiny & Bear.

Ash47

Taco Dog
Roxy Mae, Precious, Spud, Oreo, and Gracie Lou all say GET WELL SOON AMIRA! Nicco, I am so happy that everything turned out for the better. I am sure she is loving all the pampering attention.

Members online