a year ago this saturday

P

Purdue#1

a year ago this saturday we had to put cocoa down because of breast cancer.:( She was 15 years old. My uncle had given her to us when she was a pup. not long after we got her, she was chased to the road by another stray when we were outside playing with her. a car ran over her leg. We took her to the vet. she was in shock. the leg was broken badly. they were talking about puting her down then because of all the pain she was going through, but my brother and i got our parents to save her. her leg had to be wired straight so she never had much use of it. she hopped aroud for the rest of her life, but she was alive and happy. While at the vet though she got parvo and had to have a blood transfusion. We spent over $800 geting her well again. In the end that $800 was worth it. She was a good dog. After her being put down my cat mamma mourned with us she went into cocoa's little room in the garage and meowed in a "where is she?" kind of way. Cocoa always took up with her kittens. they slept in their chair together. one day mamma left and never came back. She mourned herself to death.:(

bubbatd

Seems like yesterday doesn't it ??? We never forget ...................

Barb04

Super Moderator
Try to remember all the goods times you had with Cocoa. She was a special dog and would want you to remember how special you were to each other.

P

Purdue#1

yeah i know. She was closest to my dad, but everyone loved her. I might have a new dog but there will always be a place in my heart for her. Man, i miss her.:(

Doberluv

A-w-w...she had a good long life though, didn't she. Yes, the good memories will keep her close to you in many ways. I am sorry for your loss. It's never easy, no matter what.

Members online

No members online now.