Hackles Easily

So I'm just curious how many of you guys have dogs that hackle a lot and easily.

I've been noticing with Didgie that she will get her razor back going at the drop of a hat. Playing with Traveler? Hackle. See something in the distance? Hackle. Playing with toy? HACKLE!

And it's not one of those sissy hackles either, it's full back and down the tail. It makes me giggle to see this little puppy with it.

Someone walked into the field we were in. The tail makes me laugh the hardest

IMG_8433 by Traveling Koolie, on Flickr

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
Ozzy does. Enzo doesn't unless someone is pushing/bullying her. Knox will get a mohawk going pretty quickly. New girl, not sure yet.

FG167

Ike does, no one else does. Although, I have noticed Limit's hair trying to stand up but I think it's too short ;)

jenv101

Bite Club
Aura does this a lot when she plays with Riley, and has ever since she was a puppy!

Cute tail hackles!!

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
Bodhi does.. she just did it barking at birds in the back garden. She does it when she's wooing, when she's spooked and around some (most) strange dogs. They also go all down her back :D

Lyzelle

Zander can do it pretty easily. Excited, playing, or even just streching after a nap. Hackles. Mostly only over his shoulders, then over his butt and down his tail. It makes his chest look HUGE, though.

K

Kaydee

In the car everytime we pass something even slightly dog on leash-like. Weed wackers, shopping carts, pulling backpacks, I giggle and smooth her down, mine dog needs glasses, an actual dog can pass by and she'll miss it barking at a lawn mower

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
My dogs all hackle easily but Kim's are epic lol. She has such long thick bristles in her oat, and she hackles from neck to rump. Over the most inane things...like a crow landing in the yard. Stalker-crouch-and-hackle. Cracks me up.

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
Izzie will hackle pretty quick when faced with a pushy dog and often in play too.

Roo, my friend's Kelpie though is always puffed up over something good or bad! It's so cute though.

Her tail looks like a stegosaurus.

Maisy does it at the drop of a hat. Squash sometimes does it after he and Maisy have been playing really hard for awhile and he's edging towards overstimulated.

Moth

Mild and Slightly Nutty
Watson gets the mohawk on whenever there is some excitement... Strange dog, bunnies in the yard, the neighbor out watering her plants :D

Romy

Taxiderpy
If the borzois ever do it you can't tell. The only way I know is because they posture and woof at the same time.

RedHotDobe

aka RedHotBabe
Rumor hackles every time she sees something outside that she might need to kill. So, pretty much all the time. Person, dog, cat, deer, bunny, bird, leaf... They must all be eliminated. Outside of the house/yard she's a little more chill. She doesn't tail hackle though, she nub hackles, lol.

one of my dogs did when she was younger, mostly anything do to play. Everytime we played she was up from neck thru her tail. She doesn't as often anymore, but still will when we play occasionally.

Members online