Xoloitzcuintli

Dekka

Just try me..
They are very hard to train, stubborn, and wouldn't suit my desire for a sport dog. They seem more catlike in many ways and a lot of that is based on their breeding in a more survival sort of sense than breeding for any sort of goal.
I have only met one, with the hilarious name of Chili (being an Ontario dog..) He was a very successful sport dog. That being the only one you could well be correct! Just its funny that the one I have met was a demo dog for Super Dogs and did all the stuff.

LilahRoot

I would recommend reading a book called: Hairless Dogs- The Naked Truth by Kelly Rhae and Amy Fernandez.

It has a lot of information about the different varieties of hairless dogs. Awesome read, and the pictures are amazing.

You should also join the chinese crested forum that I'm on as a lot of those folks also own Xolos.

If you want to know what it is just let me know and I'll P.M. you.

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
I would recommend reading a book called: Hairless Dogs- The Naked Truth by Kelly Rhae and Amy Fernandez.

It has a lot of information about the different varieties of hairless dogs. Awesome read, and the pictures are amazing.

You should also join the chinese crested forum that I'm on as a lot of those folks also own Xolos.

If you want to know what it is just let me know and I'll P.M. you.
Yes definitely PM me the forum. I'm going to see if I can order that book on Amazon. I'm seriously finding myself more and more interested in these dogs. They are so different that I find them fascinating.

Is it bad that I already have a name picked out if I was to ever get a female one?

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
Sweet thank you!

Question some of you may or may not know the answer to. Does anyone know of any good responsible Xolo breeders in either the US or Mexico? If I got one (which I still haven't decided and don't really plan to make a decision right now) I'd want a standard size one. The few breeders I've been able to find in the US don't focus on standard sized Xolos and the only breeder I've been able to find that has really nice looking standards is all the way in Australasia.

I mainly want to talk to a few breeders about their dogs and get an idea so if I do decide to go the Xolo route then I will have a better idea of my direction.

Part of me still really wants a border collie or a Sheltie, but then a huge part of me is absolutely interested in these Xolos. They are so different from each other so I really need to sit and think about exactly what I want in a dog though having one that is very similar to Cricket in terms of temperament would more than likely be a perfect match for me.

Luckily I don't have to decide anything right now since its probably going to be quite a while before I seriously look into another dog.

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
Ack I don't know why I seriously didn't think to ask her. She does have X Dog after all. Another benefit of a Xolo... They look amazing in Paco collars haha.

Jynx

I have met two, a petsitting job I had taken on, and frankly wished I hadn't. They were the nastiest two dogs I have ever met:( I blame the owner, she never socialized them, treated them to much like her precious little babies, they got away with murder:(

I took the job on an er type of thing, they would let me in the house, no way coud I take them out and walk them (tho I had previously met them with their owner and they were ok, but not happy mushy dogs)...Calld the owners and said there was no way I could get a leash on them, she said "oh just let them potty in the house!" WHAT??? well lady they are your dogs:( Good thing it was only an overnite thing, no way would I have taken them on again, the owner , wasn't honest with me on their temps/issues.

I did write her a nice note, suggesting a dog trainer, but doubt she took me up on it.

Certainly not all dogs of any breed are alike, these two were more 'owner's ignorance'..
Cute dogs tho/

Staff online

Members online